Author Topic: Moravian DVD  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Ryan McNabb

• McNabb's Station
Moravian DVD
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
Hello...searched for this and did not find an answer.  I have the book on Moravian gun making in the revolution and wondered if there was value in getting the DVD of the photos.  Are all the photos in the DVD in the book?  Or is there a lot of material on the DVD not published in the book?  I know the ability to zoom and manipulate the photos is pretty great.

Thanks

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
Re: Moravian DVD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:56:05 PM »
I have the book and didn't even know there was a DVD.  One of my upcoming paid projects is to make my interpretation of the Jacob Dickert shown in that book.   It is a project that I am looking forward to starting.   I would be interested to know what is on the DVD.

Offline HIB

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »
Gentlemen,  The CD you are talking about is the Kentucky Rifle Foundation's Volume I, Issue II.   The photos are the same guns as in the book but by a different photographer.  Some of the angles and lighting are different. The CD is in its 4th printing and has been a good selling KRF product.

Please refer to the Kentucky Rifle Foundation's web page for ordering instructions,     kentuckyriflefoundation.org    and a complete list of all the other KRF products.

Regards, HIB

Offline Ryan McNabb

• McNabb's Station
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
Correct, it's the KRF DVD.  I have enjoyed the Virginia rifles DVD so much that I thought of getting the Moravian one as well, and now that I know its different material I think I will.  Thanks HIB for the info.

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:53:38 PM »
Yes, the photography on the DVD is wonderful and it is definitely worth the price of admission.  Heck I just spotted this thread or I would have answered you immediately!
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »
I have the CD and it is worth the price.  There is no information on it though.  Just images.

Coryjoe

Offline lexington1

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
That shows how unobservant I am. The Moravian book is one of my favorites, but I never realized that there was a dvd either. I just sent for one!  ;D

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
All the KRF products are advertised here on ALR in the classified section. The link below take you straight to the ad:

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=22518.0
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline M. Wheland

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »
This CD would be a bargain at twice the price!!!

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 03:45:22 AM »
Save the postage and get the Lehigh DVD also while you're ordering. You won't be disappointed.

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 07:13:40 PM »
Yup, dittos on what everyone else has said. Great photography, and you can zoom waaaaaay in to see every little detail.