Author Topic: John Valentine Bull  (Read 5522 times)

Offline wattlebuster

John Valentine Bull
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:45 PM »
Just bought the Whisker book Alabama gunsmiths and I see where John Valentine Bull lived and died in the early 1800's about 5 miles from my house, He built rifles and the book has a couple of pics but they are not as clear as I would like. If anyone has a Bull rifle or pics I would sure give a big thanks if you could take time to post them, Im thinking I might want to build one as close as I could but need to see what Im diving into....Thanks
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Re: John Valentine Bull
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 04:30:54 PM »
If you are coming to the CLA show this weekend, there will be an original John Bull rifle included in the Kentucky Rifle Foundation's display of iron-mounted Southern rifles.  Here are some photos.

Wayne Elliott

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:03:39 AM »
Mr Elliott...I wont get to make the show but thank you for posting the pics ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:09 PM »
I will definitely take a look at the Bull gun for you Wattlebuster........  ;) ;) ::)
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 03:47:04 AM »
And I will definitely send many grateful thanks your way sir

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »
There is a great Elisha Bull styled rifle in the auction this year by our fiend Roger Sells.  Roger knocked the ball out of the park with this rifle - really a beautiful piece.  I love the work of the Bulls.