Author Topic: CLA show  (Read 17396 times)

IKE

CLA show
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »
THANKS to all who stopped by my table at the CLA show!
Jerry Eitnier
Eitnier Rifles
Iron Mounted Southern Guns

Offline Don Getz

Re: CLA show
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
Jerry...........remember what I said about that cataract surgery.....it doesn't hurt.  You will be amazed at the outcome.  It will
make a big difference in your gunbuilding, who knows, maybe even a relief carved mountain rifle???           Don

IKE

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:04:07 AM »
THANKS Don good to see you.

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:03 AM »
I just had the right eye done today. We will see (hopefully) tomorrow when the patch comes off.

jimc2

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:50 PM »
had right eye done last week in july can't wait for the other one on the 29th of this month wow new eye works great .did you know i only see one front sight and no shadows in the rear notch amazing
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:40:53 PM by jimc2 »

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:56 AM »
Patch is off and boy do I have a nice shiner! things are a lot clearer and the first test was to shoulder my rifle and lo an behold I could see the sights.
Left eye gets the new lens on the 11th of Sept.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »
Patch is off and boy do I have a nice shiner! things are a lot clearer and the first test was to shoulder my rifle and lo an behold I could see the sights.
Charles,
Glad to hear it. I had mine done about 2 yrs ago and am very pleased. No glasses to drive or read!
Take care,
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

IKE

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:01 AM »
I get the first eye done on Sept 2

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »
Dennis........When I had mine done I had to make a decision, did I want distance vision or near (reading) vision.  Either one
required glasses.  Most people take the distance vision and get glasses with bi-focals.  They did offer a lense that would give
total vison (both far and near), but, at $2500 per eye I chose to go the cheap way.    You stated that you do not need glasses
and can see both near and far..........how did you do this?..........Don

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »

Charlie
At least now you can see that elk ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitch

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »
Dennis........When I had mine done I had to make a decision, did I want distance vision or near (reading) vision.  Either one
required glasses.  Most people take the distance vision and get glasses with bi-focals.  They did offer a lense that would give
total vison (both far and near), but, at $2500 per eye I chose to go the cheap way.    You stated that you do not need glasses
and can see both near and far..........how did you do this?..........Don
Don,
Really not sure. Prior to cataract surgery I was near sighted and wore either glasses or contacts prior to cataract surgery. When doing close work I just took my glasses off. Dr. asked if I wanted normal vision or to retain the near sightedness that I was used to. I told him to go with normal vision. After surgery I ended up with about 20-25 vision and don't need glasses for driving or distance. As long as I have good light I can read fine without glasses. I do most of my gunwork without glasses but use magnification for real delicate work.
Dennis
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:34:08 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

Charlie
At least now you can see that elk ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mitch

I hope I get to see one, dead and in the back of the truck!

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 03:56:15 AM »
Great! You still have time to turn in your second try out. 
Stop Marxism in America

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 01:51:33 PM »
Great! You still have time to turn in your second try out. 
Can't be there. I will be down in the mountains chasing Mister 4x4 or was it 6x6.

Offline Tony N

• Rabbit Hash,Ky
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 09:34:18 PM »
Charlie,
Good luck to ya!!

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 02:29:12 AM »
Charlie..........You had a shiner?   I don't know how they did yours, must have pulled your eye ball out to work on it.  I didn't
even have a patch over mine, just had to get some good sunglasses.  I know I was really thrilled with my eyesight when it
was all done.........Don

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
Charlie..........You had a shiner?   I don't know how they did yours, must have pulled your eye ball out to work on it.  I didn't
even have a patch over mine, just had to get some good sunglasses.  I know I was really thrilled with my eyesight when it
was all done.........Don

Don-
Yes I had a dandy, still do. It was a result of the numbing shot and, as I told Tom Elgan, my addiction to Plavix and Aspirin.

Offline Don Stith

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 10:12:09 PM »
Guess I just had to be different
  My right eye has the implant for close vision and the left eye has one for distant vision.  Wore contacts just like that once upon a time so no adjustment problems

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »
I'll bet Don is left handed.  The dominant eye (far vision) is usually, but not always, the dominant hand. My contact lenses are designed to read close with one eye and far with the other. If you can tolerate this. I tilt my head when I read. I can read the stock page (at least in the morning) with my left and can't read anything with my right. But long range with the right I'm great. The same with surgery if you want it.

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 01:53:58 AM »
You old !@#$% all sound more than half bionic!  ;D
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 04:36:49 AM »
Bill......if I'm not mistaken, you were a Dentist?  now retired.   I can just hear it now......."no, no, Bill, you pulled the wrong
tooth"..............Don

nosrettap1958

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
Seeing the pictures is kind of depressing. Way too many "greyhairs" and not enough young people bringing their kids.

If we could only convey the concept that these were the firearms that made us world renown as the "Nation of Riflemen"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:12:39 PM by crawdad »

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
Many of the young people are too busy looking at a screen and moving things around on it to take any interest in the history of a country that became the power house of the planet.

Bob Roller

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 05:35:04 AM »
Hey Jerry
You are one of those guys that I am happy to see at the  CLA show.  Keep up your good work.
Stop Marxism in America

IKE

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 04:13:08 AM »
Don and ALL
First eye is done
Eye 2 on Sept 9