Author Topic: CLA show  (Read 17521 times)

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
Re: CLA show
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
Don and ALL
First eye is done
Eye 2 on Sept 9
My second eye is Sept 11

Offline Collector

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:57 AM »
Does the CLA have an "In Network" eye surgeon that performs these procedures at preferential rates, for it's membership??

I don't need it, but I'm planning ahead...

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 04:07:34 PM »
Charlie.......about that black eye.    You didn't get that from your cataract surgery, you talked back to your wife once too often.
Ike.....how does that new lens work for you?  .......Don 

Offline RonC

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »
Every time I go back to the ophthalmologist, I hope that they will say that it is time for the cataract surgery. Alas, not yet.
I never wore glasses until I was 45, then I needed reading glasses. But, the cataracts change the shape of the lens so I know need distance correction.

As for the old guys in the traditional muzzleloading activity: I went to my first gathering last year at Fort Lupton, CO. I am 67 and everyone called me "boy." OK, that's a bit of hyperbole, but there certainly were a lot of grey beards. That was disappointing.
Still, I look forward to more involvement in the future.
Ron
Ron

nosrettap1958

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
I still think a good idea would be to combine the Gettysburg activities that draw thousand of young people each and every year with some type of CLA show or display.  It couldn't be on the Battlefield proper but it could be near enough to attract the attention of people. Have a big sign on the Turnpike saying, "The Kentucky Rifle" this is where it all began.  

Nothing attracts the attention of parents with their children more than a beautiful piece of wood combined with some shiny brass all shaped into a historical work of art.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:02:20 PM by crawdad »

IKE

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »
Eye 2 done not seeing well yet. It will get better.
SEE YA!

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »
Ike.........when I had my second eye done, I went back for a check up.  He checked it and told me that the new lens, for some
reason, flipped forward instead of back to conform with my eyeball.   He told me "no problem", it will straighten out, and
sure enough it did.  I went to my optomitrist to  get new glasses....tri focals.   Have been back several times since then and
have not made any changes to them...........Don