Author Topic: 15 years in the Hudson Valley  (Read 15308 times)

IKE

Re: 15 years in the Hudson Valley
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
NICE JOB!

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »
I know a guy that is about 6' 6" tall that would fit that gun pretty well. 

Very nice. But the Bum looks over fed. He must be sneaking into your hen house.

K
Galations 2:20

Offline Darrin McDonal

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »
Mike I just don't know why, by the first thing that popped into my head was " Paris gun" or Big Bertha. Minus the rails of course but a slightly more portable version indeed.
Darrin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:56:28 PM by Darrin McDonal »
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Great X Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 02:53:34 AM »
I'm thinking he's pulling our leg on the length of that gun. The bum is a midget and that's really a "canoe gun." We all know Mike loves canoe guns....
Robert Wolfe
Northern Indiana

Offline Mick C

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
I started this gun 15 years ago when I bought the barrel from Benny Coogle. It sat around for years in the corner untill I found the lock for sale on this board. Sometime later I had Fred Miller inlet the barrel. I had probably 3 stocking sessions over the years with this gun finally finishing it last month.
 The barrel is 6' long, 11 bore, and 1 3/8" at the breech. I made the butplate which is 6" tall X 2" wide. The lock is a rifle shoppe lock, english ca. 1690.
 The gun is 7' 5 1/2" long and weighs 11 lbs 6 oz.
 The guy holding the gun is a bum that lives in my barn....

What an amazing fowler!  It reminds me of the one at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  One of the days, I very much hope to have have the pleasure/honor of adding a Brooks to my small but fairly select collection.   :-)
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Nice butt, with definite Freudian implications.  If I remember correctly there used to be several of these in Ticonderoga, the Fort William Henry museum before its fire, Johnson Hall, The Herkimer House and in a lot of the historical houses in the Hudson Valley.  Yours'd fit right in behind the glass.  Have you shot it?