Author Topic: Wayne Westall,Marion,NC  (Read 6894 times)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
Wayne Westall,Marion,NC
« on: September 14, 2014, 02:41:23 AM »
Any one here have any guns made by Wayne Westall,marion/Ashville,NC?He is still building,I talked to him on phone earlier in the week.Just wondering what the collector value of a nice Rupp style he made back in 1976.I will post pics shortly.Thanks,Dave F :)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:59:24 AM by mountainman70 »

Offline mountainman70

Re: Wayne Westall,Marion,NC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:49:13 AM »
Tis interesting to me that so many have looked at this,and made no comments? ???I would be plum tickled to build as nice a rifle as this one.Any comments'y'all?Dave :)

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:33:55 AM »
You might get more comments with better pics*.  It's out of my "school" so i can't have any specific opinion.  Only one way to get an accurate value, but if you're not ready to sell then everything is guesstimations.

*I thought Mark Elliot posted a long-gun photography instructional a little while back, but i can't find it now.

Well i did find this: http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=382.0

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:49:19 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline mountainman70

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:11:18 PM »
I was more interested in anyone having any knowledge of him,from the 70's.My late Marine bro,Paul,commisioned this gun in 76,I have the letters sent to him from Mr Westall,confirming specs,etc.I personally feel this gun is worth 1500.00 based on prior experiences selling these older contemporary guns.Thanks for the reply,Wade,how y'all doin gettin ready for ol man Winter?Dave F :D

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:34 AM »
I was more interested in anyone having any knowledge of him,from the 70's.My late Marine bro,Paul,commisioned this gun in 76,I have the letters sent to him from Mr Westall,confirming specs,etc.I personally feel this gun is worth 1500.00 based on prior experiences selling these older contemporary guns.Thanks for the reply,Wade,how y'all doin gettin ready for ol man Winter?Dave F :D

Cut some trees out of the lanes today, those lanes which will be used heavily as i start putting up some wood. Have a couple of guns to start...to get me through the long evenings upcoming.  Start on that soon as i get all this other stuff...or _some_ of this other stuff sorted.  thanks.

Hold to the Wind

Offline mountainman70

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 05:26:45 AM »
Yep,Wade,startin to head our thinkin and preparing that same direction.Have enuff l/r projects to tide me over to spring.Did manage to get 3 of last winters guns finished by this time,might get another done by october.I usually have 3-4 going over the winter,spring,finish up summer-fall.About to need to sell some of em,be gun poor,just like to build em,shoot em some,and move em on to someone that will actually use them,and not make closet queens-hahaha-pun intended-out of em.
Have a goodun,bro.Dave F :D

Offline D. Buck Stopshere

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:40 AM »
Get up with my friend, Jim Chambers in Candler. He got a lot of gunmakers in that area started.

Marion is less than 50 miles from Jim's Shop.

ph. 828/667-8361 (Mon-Fri 9 AM-5 PM)
fax 828/665-0852 (anytime)
chambers@flintlocks.com

Hope this helps,

Buck Buchanan
Field Rep-NC
NMLRA
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

NMLRA Field Rep- North Carolina