Author Topic: I want a Herschel House gun  (Read 39554 times)

Offline art riser

Re: I want a Herschel House gun
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
Eric, Can you site an example of what a John House has sold for?  Just curious.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2014, 01:22:20 AM »
I have no precise idea what so ever and told the guy several thousand and that was a guess.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2014, 10:46:07 PM »
Mike Davis in Coldwater Ms does a real nice Woodbury style rifle. He's been to the seminars .
Daniel     Ecc.4:12

Offline Virginiarifleman

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2014, 06:22:29 AM »
Yes Mike Apprentised under Herschel and is well read on anything herschel produced. mike has a rifle on the CLA blog. I have two of mikes rifles.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:26:11 AM by Virginiarifleman »

Offline art riser

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »
The CONTEMPORARY MAKERS blog is not a part of the Contemporary Longrifle Association.

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
I want a Hershel House gun too....along with a P-51 Mustang, a horse like Trigger and my lovely wife to just put her glasses in one place so she don't lose 'em every time she walks toward the door to leave.

I could also use a dessert that is about the size of a football, tastes like a donut and has no sugar, calories or fat.

So I'll settle for his video, The Foxfire book, and the use of his example as a standard and goal whenever I make anything.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »
owning one of Herschel's guns has long been tops on my list, but I've never made any serious attempts at trying to find  one 'till now.
anyone know if he's still taking orders, or who's working in the Woodbury school?

I just got home from the Front Royal show and saw the perfect gun for you. Its a un-fired Woodbury School rifle made at Conor Prairie in 1995. It still has the fake wooden flint in the lock and the frizzen is un-marked. Here's the good part. The rifle had many well known makers involved in building the rifle. Herschel House, Jim Chambers, John Schippers John Weston, Mike Lee, Don Getz and others that he named after I ran out of room to write on the little scrap of paper I had to write on. Really a nice looking rifle Ron Sigler had it for sale on his table. There is a copy of the Sept 1995 Muzzle Blast magazine that has a write-up on the building of this rifle. And for good measure the signatures of all who helped with the building of the rifle are on the article about the building of the gun. The magazine goes with the rifle.

If interested send me a PM or email and I will give you Ron Sigler's contact number.
Dennis

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson