Author Topic: Thank you to those putting on the Eastern PA longrifle show  (Read 1955 times)

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
Thank you to those putting on the Eastern PA longrifle show
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:46:14 AM »
Hi,
I wanted to thank the KRA members who were involved with this show.  I was like a kid in a candy store and the members present were extremely generous with time and their guns.  I sketched to my hearts delight and handled some very fine guns.  The display of wenders was awesome.  This last year has been really wonderful to me.  I got to visit the Museum of the Fur Trade, attend Dixon's for the first time, see the Kindig collection in Reading, go to the PA longrifle show, move to a new home in Vermont, build a great shop, and get cracking making a lot of guns.  When I teach Bella (Smart Dog) something new, see needs some down time from the intense learning to process the information.  I feel the same way.  After so much intensive activity and learning, I too need some quiet time to process, probably more than Bella because she is way smarter than I am.

dave
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
Re: Thank you to those putting on the Eastern PA longrifle show
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:24 PM »
Dave,
       By February you should have all that input assimilated, and be ready for more.  I hope that you can make it down to the 18th Century Artisan Show at Lewisburg.   Stop by and introduce yourself to the old guys,  Lowell Harrier, Charlie Wallingsford, myself and oldest of all Don Getz, our mentor. 
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard