Author Topic: Gunbroker  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
Re: Gunbroker
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
Dennis,
Thanks for the tip.
Buck

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 04:09:17 AM »
Rob,
If I had scanning capabilities I would do so.
Buck

Most "phones" these days can produce better "photos" than a scanner (a digital camera is way better).  Quicker too.  --whoops, Dennis beat me to it.

Thanks for the discussion fellas, it's all educational to some of us.  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:10:31 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline HIB

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »
Gentlemen:   It looks as if things are getting a little frisky in this post:  Here is a summary of the input:
a] Only one of the responders, in my mind, is an expert on N.Beyer. I follow pretty close to being a supporting member of his view, having studied Beyer for 50 years and  many times with him personally.
b] I have seen almost every configuration of his style and patterns. I have never seen him checker a wrist or for that matter carve a design aft of the cheek piece as illustrated in the photos. I have seen Leonard Ready, however, do something comparable when he was in Gratz.
c] What's with the mystery of the patch box release pin being moved from the lid door [where it originate] to a pin type release?? Anyone using basic detective skills can easily see it constitutes a change. It should be a big red flag.
d] The observation the wood is original to the gun is interesting.  The question is it original from the creation or the second or third restocking.
e] And finally who cares?? Someone will eventually buy the gun for a reasonable price. It might fit their collection perfectly. I wish them well.

And one final thought: If you buy a gun like this you'll eventually start making excuses for what you can't explain. Excuses will lead to discontent and the next step will be trying to unload the gun. Buy it right and you might cover your costs. Buy it wrong and then have to explain to your wife where the original perceived value went. Don't buy the gun and you'll still have the money in your pocket!!!! [Best idea of the week]

Last: I have no intention or interest in buying this gun. Let the fair market prevail. HIB