Author Topic: West Virginia Gunsmiths  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
West Virginia Gunsmiths
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »
I have been busy working the last four months & did not  add anything to the blog. Finally got a week off &  posted two mini-bios on a couple WV Makers.
http://hampshirecountylongrifles.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:02:18 PM by Avlrc »

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: West Virginia Gunsmiths
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »
Nice work.  I like that Nelson rifle.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 02:22:01 AM »
I have been busy working the last four months & did not  add anything to the blog. Finally got a week off &  posted two mini-bios on a couple WV Makers.
http://hampshirecountylongrifles.blogspot.com/
Good info, appreciate you taking time to post your research for others, lots of hard work.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PPatch

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 02:42:38 AM »
Thank you for the articles. The Nelson rifle has some nice points about it, like that wee patchbox under the cheek piece in particular.

dp
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Virginiarifleman

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 06:10:31 AM »
Very Interresting, Thank you. being a west Virginian I find your post very informative.  Again Thank You for Posting.

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments. It is easy to do, just time consuming.  You get to learn so much from others who see it and then give you information, that one would never find searching on your own. While trying to find out  who J B Kee was, we discovered three other Pocahontas County Gunsmiths, that are not in the WV, VA or Sellers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:26:13 PM by Avlrc »