Author Topic: WV/Ohio George Brammer  (Read 2531 times)

Online Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
WV/Ohio George Brammer
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:27:48 AM »
George Brammer article from MB 1944 & Big 18 Pounder

http://hampshirecountylongrifles.blogspot.com/

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
Re: WV/Ohio George Brammer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
Written by Herman P. Dean, great article.
Buck

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
I knew Herman Dean and can almost see the town,Chesapeake,Ohio where George Brammer worked.
There is and heavy flintlock match rifle by Mr.Brammer in our Huntington Museum of Art along with a big assortment of tools made by him as well.Jud Brennan spent some time looking at the tools while we were there a couple of weeks ago.
  Today,I had to call Barbie and get a frizzen spring for the late Ketland lock and she said she had my name on the list for another set of external parts for this fine lock.I told her the order had been filled but if someone wants me to make up a lock on these parts,I would do it IF the one wanting the lock will pay her for them so she can send them to me to put my own set of parts in.I am only working every other day now and the arthritis in my right wrist will cause me to quit shop work before much longer. I tried a medicine,Narproxyn and it made me feel worse than usual and created another problem I don't need.

Bob Roller

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
I am the current caretaker if the Brammer rifke, rifling machine and cutters and am pleases to say that the rifle is still in excellant condition inside and out. The machine, although from Beammer's shop, I feel pre dates his use by quite a few years. The set is a highlight of my collection and hooefully will be kept intact over the years.
Mark
Mark