Author Topic: Forty Antique Kentucky Rifles for Viewing  (Read 3284 times)

Offline VP

Forty Antique Kentucky Rifles for Viewing
« on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:28 AM »
Some KRA members are holding a one day only fund raiser for the Renfrew Museum at Waynesboro, Pa. this coming Sunday, Nov. 2nd, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. A collection of about 40 longrifles and accoutrements from Franklin, Adams, Bedford, Cumberland counties as well as a few Maryland guns. There will be guns made by Henry Albright, John Noll, Christian Beck, Abraham Schweitzer, John Meals, David Cooley, John Settle, Frederick Stover, J. Pringle, Jacob Stoudenour, Daniel Border, John Border, Wm. Defibaugh, and others. A $5 admission fee will be charged and it is my understanding that photos will be allowed. For directions you can visit the museum's website, www.renfrewmuseum.org. Please come out and support this worthy cause and see some rifles that normally aren't for public viewing.

VP

Old Bob

Re: Forty Antique Kentucky Rifles for Viewing
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
Shame that's not Thanksgiving week. Will be in the area visiting the in-laws.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:00:13 AM »
VP,

Thanks for posting the Renfrew Museum Long Rifle Show.  It was a beautiful day for a drive, fair amount of color still on the trees down there.  The show was very interesting with a great sampling of local makers.  Was this a one time event or is this an annual occurrence?
Kunk

Offline VP

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:18:13 AM »
Karl,
I am glad you enjoyed the show. We had over 50 great rifles for viewing. Excellent examples from Franklin County and all it's neighboring counties. I can honestly say I enjoyed this show as much as any I have went too. It is up in the air as to making it an annual show. The museum is doing it's review so we will have to wait and see.

VP