Author Topic: Niehardt Attributed Rifle On Blog  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Majorjoel

Niehardt Attributed Rifle On Blog
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
I very much enjoyed seeing this fine Lehigh longrifle pictured this morning on the Blogspot. This rifle seems to have about everything going for it IMO. Lots of great photos.  I met a direct descendent of Niehardt last summer.  She has been looking for an original rifle by this maker for her family. I'll make sure she sees this example. http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/
Joel Hall

Offline JTR

• member 2
Re: Niehardt Attributed Rifle On Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:25:19 PM »
That's a fine looking rifle for sure!
John
John Robbins

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
Awesome rifle and I bet she was blacker than all get out at one time.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:38:22 PM »
Wow. Thanks to Jan, Art, Robet Weil and  the owner who allowed published photos to be shared with all of us.  

I would suggest this is late Neihardt gun based on the delicate nature of the stock. One thing that stands out to me is pointed toe end of the buttstock, I have not seen a Neihardt this pointed. Very reminiscent of Johan ( John )  Rupp work which is more evidence to me that J Rupp probably apprenticed to Neihardt.

Love the whimsical nature of the carving designs.   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:09:51 AM by Tom Currie »