Author Topic: Wood carving elite.  (Read 4191 times)

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
Wood carving elite.
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:18:46 AM »
 A good friend of mine and I have been working on a Jaeger for a couple of years. He is a retired dentist and a extremely talented man.  He has been doing all the stock work and wood carving on this gun. I just received the gun in order to do some finish work on it.  I do not get surprised or amazed easily after all these years of doing this.  However- This is the most fantastic wood carving I have ever seen bar none in all my years. Words cannot describe expertice to this extreme. I am almost afraid to touch it.  I have agreed not to show this until after the Vegas show in January but then I will have some photos of it for sure. I don't remember ever being so impressed. soon to come. 
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
Re: Wood carving elite.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 02:18:58 AM »
Oh maaaaaaaan, Not fair!!!!!!!!
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

andy49

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:45:04 AM »
I am looking forward to see this.
Andy

Offline Kermit

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 04:23:32 AM »
Dentistry is a craft that's all about precision detail--I'm not surprised. But there WAS the dentist I met who learned the blacksmith's trade before he went to dental school.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »
Hi Jerry,
Any chance the gun will be at CLA next August?

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline jerrywh

• Jerrywh-gunmaker- Master  Engraver FEGA.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
 Pletch.
    I don't think there is a very good chance that this gun will ever be at the CLA show. There is a good chance it will be published in Gun Digest and possibly other books. Believe it or not the owner is planning to give it away for a gift.
  It is so valuable that the owner is afraid to ship it. The only ones that will insure it is Lloyds of London. Fed-x nor UPS refuses to insure it. Nobody wants to drive it across the country. Incredible but true. I don't think Muzzle Blast or Muzzle loader would print it. Either the gun or I don't fit in their plans. I did a lot of criticism of muzzle blast in the past mostly for their promotion of inlines. I don't know what the problem is with muzzle loader.  I guess my guns just don't fit. They seem to like the more traditional stuff. I will post photos on the net though. This is not my gun so I do not have total control over it. I just engraved it and cast the silver hardware.
Nobody is always correct, Not even me.

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »
Thanks Jerry!!! That gun sounds amazing. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Best regards
Rolf