Author Topic: N Stephenson  (Read 6808 times)

jc2cdo

N Stephenson
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:24:40 AM »
Hello Fellas, I'm a new guy but not really new to muzzleloading. I purchased a Lyman Plains Flintlock rifle a few years ago and still chuckle every time it goes off. Flintlocks had a draw for me because you don't need a license to own them here in Canada. I just acquired a long rifle that has N Stephenson on the barrel. The fella I got it from said it was a J.P. Beck Lancaster County Rifle built by Nathan but after a little Internet search, I have found very little info on him. Anyone here know who he is or where I can find a little more info on my rifle?

Thanks in advance
Jim

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: N Stephenson
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »
He posts here on the board all the time. I'm sure he'll see this and respond.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline alyce-james

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »
Mr. N. Stephenson is great to deal with. also lists rifles frequently on Track of the Wolf. Welcome to the ALR Forum Jim. Enjoy, AJ.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:51:25 PM by alyce-james »
"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker". by Poet Ogden Nash 1931.

Offline Hawken62_flint

• Nothing like it, 'cept more of it !
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »
Nathan builds a pretty sweet rifle and there is currently one for sale on Track of the Wolf.  I had his number till my phone fell out of the truck and busted in a lot of pieces.  I believe that Track of the Wolf sent him a message for me and then he called me and that is how I got in touch with him.  Track wouldn't give out his number, but let him know that I would like to talk to him. 

dbraw

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »
Nathan build nice rifles and is a good guy. He lives in the Columbia, TN area of Tennessee.

Offline Mick C

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »
I would love to have a rifle by Mr. Stephenson.  I've only seen pictures but it obvious he is a master craftsman.  Speaking of photos, this thread needs some.  Please show us your Stephenson rifle!  :)
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!