Author Topic: Picked up another Winter Project  (Read 2567 times)

FrontierMuzzleloading

Picked up another Winter Project
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
I love doing these kits! I found one on gunbroker at a good price but was really only interested in the second barrel that comes with the kit.

A 12g shotgun barrel! That bad boys now my new grouse gun! I'll just slap that barrel onto my Hawken, build up the .50cal with the kit stock and sell that off. I already have a buyer for that so that makes it a lot more fun for the both of us.

A 12gauge! I've only seen 1 of these barrels recently for the CVA Hawken. Appears they can use a Winchester choke as well.

Offline Bart

Re: Picked up another Winter Project
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 04:52:32 PM »
Next you should try your hand at a real stick built Kentucky Rifle instead of a kit.

Have fun

FrontierMuzzleloading

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »
i already have a kentucky but prefer the half stocks, easier to care for and handle in the field.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »
Looks as it the drum or bolster of the barrel near the edge of the box has powder fouling around it. Is that the round ball rifled barrel or the button rifled barrel- hopefully the button'd barrel that wasn't cleaned.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

FrontierMuzzleloading

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 10:54:58 PM »
thats a home bluing job someone started. Should be in next monday if he gets my payment within the next few days.