Author Topic: T/C Scout nipple/breach plug wrench  (Read 7014 times)

D.Boone

T/C Scout nipple/breach plug wrench
« on: December 03, 2014, 10:50:43 PM »
Can anyone tell me the product number for  Thompson Center Scout nipple/breach plug wrench?

Offline stude283

• Starting Member
Re: T/C Scout nipple/breach plug wrench
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 04:54:47 AM »
I don't believe there is one. simply use a small crescent wrench after removing barrel from frame. There was a multi tool for breaking down which is available frequently on ebay.

tuffy

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:42:40 AM »
D. Boone ....... I believe it #7766.

CW

Offline stude283

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:14:20 AM »
Nope! breech plug cannot be removed without removing barrel from frame. Breech plug extends thru frame and nipple part of breech plug. I have 3 scouts, 1 54 pistol, a54 rifle and a 50 rifle. 2 bought brand new, no wrench supplied. Try to find an owners manual on ebay or someone who sold gun then found manual.

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 05:24:49 AM »
Smith & Wesson dropped a lot of TC data, along with their traditional MLs, when they bought TC a few years ago.  However, you might be able to find the manual on their web site available for downloading.  Their customer service supplied me with some discontinued data a while ago just for the asking.

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline stude283

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »
You might want to contact the previous owner. He may have the manual stashed away in a drawer and might with a little persuasion find it. I do have the manuals for the 2 I bought new if you need info. May be able to take pictures you could read, but better to find your own if possible.

Offline Maven

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:46 PM »
D.Boone, You can download or just read a copy of the T/C manual here:  http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showforum.php?fid/94/  If that link doesn't take you directly there, scroll down to Articles, etc.  Btw, T/C used to have that manual on their site as well.
Paul W. Brasky

Offline shifty

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
D. Boone,do you need the wrench?

Offline stude283

• Starting Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »
     Once again there is no special wrench for a TC scout.You must remove barrel frame frame to remove the breech plug. Then a crescent wrench will work fine,unless the breech plug is stuck.
     The scout is I believe TC's first foray into the inline ml,not a sidelock.It sort of looks like a lever action but its its own style,but definitely an inline.   

Offline stude283

• Starting Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 04:13:10 AM »
There is a scout takedown tool on ebay that does have a wrench to remove breech plug from barrel if that is what you are looking for.

I never owned one, never needed one and neither manual makes mention of it, but if that's what you wanted there it is.