Author Topic: very interesting southern rifle  (Read 16572 times)

Offline cshirsch

Re: very interesting southern rifle
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
Is your Elbert Bible gun marked on the barrel?  I just picked up a southern pistol that is stamped E * B on the barrel. 

Chris

oakridge

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 06:03:41 PM »
Chris,
Did you ever finish the restoration on your rifle? I would love to see more photos.

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
Chris,
Did you ever finish the restoration on your rifle? I would love to see more photos.

I did not completely finish yet but I did get the lock area pretty much restored.  I have some other more minor fixes to do but have not had time to get to them.   So sorry that I can't post a photo of the restoration.  I can't understand why this site will not allow a JPEG photo to post.  Either I am doing something wrong or  ??????

Chris   

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 11:05:20 PM »
You can post JPEGs! Its easy;
Click, REPLY
Right below the Reply window is a line that says; Add image to post. Click it.
A box pops up, its named imgbb. It says Drag and Drop, etc....
Find the picture you want to post. Click your mouse on the picture and hold it, then drag the picture into the box, and let go.
You'll see a line of type in the Reply box indicating your picture.
Click the Preview button to see what you have. Or just click the Post button to post picture and message..

Its simple,, even I can do it!
John
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:06:28 PM by JTR »
John Robbins

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
I have done all of that numerous times and it will not accept my photos.  Something is very wrong here.  I have a lot to share and it's a shame that it won't accept my JPEGs.  It states 'Invalid or unsupported file format'.  I am a photographer also and have posted many photos elsewhere and even on this forum.  Very strange that it will not let me do it now.

Chris

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:52 PM »
Are you sure they're JPEGs and not RAW or FITS, etc?

If you can't get it to work, just ask Dennis.

John
John Robbins

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »
Dennis doesn't know why he can't post. He sent me some photos awhile back that he could not post and I posted them with no problem. This makes me think the problem is with his set-up but I can not think of anything that should cause it.

Chris, one thing you might try is renaming the .JEPG to .jpg should not create any problems, I have renamed lots of mine just to keep them consistent and have not seen it make any difference with any of my software.

Send me some others that you can't get to load and I will try them as well. Would be interesting to see what happens on my end. ( tdg23113 at verizon dot net )

Wish I could help,
Dennis

Are you sure they're JPEGs and not RAW or FITS, etc?

If you can't get it to work, just ask Dennis.

John
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigmon

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 12:24:20 AM »
That is a great looking original.  Wood is wonderful.
It has inspired me to post some photos of an old French Rev War musket I have that us surcharged US.
But the talk of Bluegrass players on this sight is very interesting.
And the mention of my favorite band, the Country Gentlemen, and the greatest singer Charlie Walker really has me excited.
And Whiskey Before Breakfast!!  One of my favorite!!
I am struggling with Southern Flavor myself as I write this.
Black Powder and Bluegrass, better than red hair and black leather!!

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 12:54:42 AM »
Southern Flavor is a cool Em song.  I never learned a break for it but play it often in jams.  The song 'Texas Lonestar' on that album was actually named after my band.  Bill turned to me and my base player and asked us the name after he was working on it backstage.  My base player thought he was asking the name of our band and he told him, Lonestar.  Bill said, "Texas Lonestar, I like it".   We just smiled.  :-)

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2017, 12:57:52 AM »
Dennis, they are .jpg .   This is crazy!  I don't want to have to keep sending you my photos to post for me.  I don't have this problem anywhere else I post photos.  CH

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »
Chris,
I agree but I just don't have a clue as to what could be causing the problem. As of now, I don't have any pending problems with others posting photo's (other than not knowing how to load from their PC). We had some past problems with some users having conflicts with their virus protection etc but that was not being able to view photos that had been uploaded.

Our site still accepts photos that are posted on other photo sites or private websites all that is needed is to preface the URL with the proper image BBC code (use the icon under the "B" (for bold type).

If you don't have access to another photos site, you might try setting up an account at http://imgbb.com/ then upload your photos there then copy the "BBCode" that gives you the proper BBCode and URL to display that photo on most all forum sites.

Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 02:35:41 AM »
Thanks Dennis

Offline Daryl

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 03:31:51 AM »
Pictures?
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 05:34:30 AM »
Interesting rifle, Chris.  Congratulations.  It would be helpful to see pictures of the guard, both side view and extensions, the side plate, toe plate and the tang.  I am trying to recall where I have seen that cheek shape. 
Wayne Elliott

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »
I would love to post more photos but something is wrong somewhere and my photos are rejected here.  Sorry

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2017, 08:46:23 PM »
How about you send me a picture, and I'll try loading it on here?

If I can load it from here, I'd guess there's something with your computer.

If I can't load it from here, there's something with your picture/file name.

Either way, its certainly fixable! ,,,, or should be!

jtrrobbins@msn.com

John
John Robbins