Author Topic: Shootwhatchabrung new years morning  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Hungry Horse

Shootwhatchabrung new years morning
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:23:22 PM »
 We did it again, 30 of us went out shooting new years day, instead of watching dog games ( anything that requires fetching a ball). Novelty targets at pistol range, the smaller, and harder to hit, the better. Anything that shoots a single projectile is good to go. The weirder the better. This year we had a schutzen low wall complete with palm rest and butt hook, a Smith and Wesson .50 cal. handgun, a bunch of rim fires, a tactical shotgun shooting slugs, and of course muzzleloaders, smoothbores, rifles, revolvers, pistols, and a flinter (mine). Hoppin John, and cornbread for lunch, and luck, and boy did that work out for me. I beat out the cap guns with my flinter. And, then turned around and beat the two best handgun shots (both handgun instructors) in the county with my old Smith and Wesson K frame. The main prize was won by a woman for the first time since this event started nine years ago, a crisp new hundred dollar bill. And best of all, I had several people volunteer to help put it on next year. Happy New Year for sure.

Hungry Horse

Offline flinchrocket

Re: Shootwhatchabrung new years morning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:30:42 AM »
The hoppin johns beans will do it every time!

Offline Daryl

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »
Glad it worked for you HHorse.
This year, it was just too cold for us old guys to tramp through the bush on NY day.  Only 4 years ago, 14 of us made it out at -14 & snowing. Nowadays, that's just too dang cold. It was a mite chilly.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Glad it worked for you HHorse.
This year, it was just too cold for us old guys to tramp through the bush on NY day.  Only 4 years ago, 14 of us made it out at -14 & snowing. Nowadays, that's just too dang cold. It was a mite chilly.

Isn't that a late Summer picture??

Bob Roller