Author Topic: Masterpieces of the Longrifle Kindig collection book  (Read 16839 times)

Offline Wayne Holcombe

Masterpieces of the Longrifle Kindig collection book
« on: January 22, 2015, 02:05:38 PM »
Any news on the publication date of this book ?

Offline eastwind

Re: Masterpieces of the Longrifle Kindig collection book
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
MASTERPIECES OF THE AMERICAN LONG RIFLE-The Joe Kindig, Jr. Collection is currently on press -  scheduled to be available in mid February 2015.

Patrick Hornberger
Eastwind Publshing
Patrick Hornberger

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:39:55 PM »
Patrick, Can you tell us why the publication of this book has been delayed so much? Just curious.
John
John Robbins

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 05:03:02 PM »
Getting close.Anything out yet ?

Offline eastwind

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:00:33 AM »
I expect to see books February 25-26. Should be able to ship copies the following week - first of March.

I know I keep giving dates, but this time I know its on press and should be correct in my estimates.

Will have the Kindig books, along with LANCASTER LONG RIFLE (has been reprinted-available again) and the BERKS COUNTY LONG RIFLE & GUNMAKERS at the Baltimore Antique Gun Show next month - table U-1.

Sorry for the delays--the problem was in the binding --books rejected.

Patrick Hornberger
Patrick Hornberger

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 01:36:10 AM »
Looking forward to buying one.Whats coming up after this one ?

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »
Shouldn't be long now.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »
Been so long since I put my name on the list I can't remember how much I committed to pay for this book?  All I know is that having waited this long it better be as good as the Hansen book.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline eastwind

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 12:02:48 AM »
Back ordered books will begin shipping next week first of March -- new orders to follow.

I can't say Masterpieces was ever intended to be as "good" or better than Hansen's book --it was not intended to be in competition with his book or for that matter any other long rifle book. Dave's book is a very well done book, but it is quite different than Masterpieces, which is more of a story of the pioneering antiques dealer and his famous collection.

You be the judge ...

Patrick Hornberger
Eastwind Publishing

Patrick Hornberger

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »
Hmm, given this is the best collection of Kentucky's in existence, I was expecting a book of comparable
photography.  Maybe I will wait until I see it before I follow thru.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »
I really hope that good photographs are to be available for the Kindig exhibit.   There were guns there with types of decoration that I had not seen before.  I saw a number of guns that really impressed me.  However, based on the comments of a owner at the exhibit when I was there, I am not getting my hopes up.  I will want to see this book before buying it as it is most certainly going to be expensive.  

I passed m business card on to the exhibit organizers via that owner, but never heard back from anyone.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:02:25 AM by EvonAschwege »

Offline HIB

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 08:26:08 AM »
Gentlemen,  I would ask that you give Patrick a little space when it comes to the publication of the 'Masterpieces' book.  I would remind you that he directed the quality printing, text and bindery efforts of the successful 'Moravian Gun Makers of the American Revolution' published by the Kentucky Rifle Foundation and Kentucky Rifle Association several years ago. That book , by the way, was a sell out and is now considered out of print. Only after market examples are available at this time.

My guess is the bindery issues discussed in earlier post are in fact true. And there are a series of undisclosed issues which, Patrick being the gentleman that he is, will not discuss publically or privately. Give him credit for that.

Have patience and prepare a space in your book case for the book you have been waiting for. Based on previous books Patrick has done it should be worth the wait. HIB

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
Patrick, will you be at the Baltimore Antique Arms show with copies of this one in late March?
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline c deperro

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
 Is there any ordering information available for this book?

Offline eastwind

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
Gentlemen: RE: MASTERPIECES OF THE AMERICAN LONG RIFLE

1. I can send order cards to anyone giving me their address---both email and slow mail. Send to eastwind@wildblue.net

2. And yes,we will be at the Baltimore Show with all of our books at table U01 - far left into the main door on the aisle.

PS: To Henry (HIB): I appreciate your understanding and your support in your recent reply above.

Patrick Hornberger
Eastwind Publishing
eastwind@wildblue.net
Patrick Hornberger

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »
As Henry stated I am sure that the quality will "hit the benchmark" as Patrick has with his previous publications. Though I am anxious (and slightly impatient) to see the book I can understand the necessary delays to achieve the quality. Patrick I look forward to seeing it upon completion.

Buck
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:02:59 AM by EvonAschwege »

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »
I got a call from the museum today about the book and i am happy to say i got it on the way to good old Bama. The lady at the museum said that the book turned out very nice. I will give an update when it gets here. :o
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline acorn20

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 07:04:02 PM »
I received an email from Sherry at the museum as well.  Is there any place to preview the book online before purchase.  Ninety bucks is ninety bucks.  I've read about Kindig's story for 45 years.  I really don't know if I need it in print.  I'd just like know what I'm getting for the money.
Dan Akers

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »
So Patrick, is it safe to assume those of us that ordered the books last year should be receiving them shortly?
John
John Robbins

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »
I got an email from the Reading Museum that they have the books in hand.

Offline eastwind

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »
Gentlemen:

Let me clear the air on the Masterpieces book availability.

The Reading Museum ordered their books from us. They are attempting to fill the back orders or requests they received during the Exhibit, which is why some of you will receive emails from them. As publisher, we sell to the Museum the same as any other "bookseller", so we have no control over their pricing or sales techniques.

Someone on  here eluded to a $90.00 selling price--which if that is true is $20.00 more than the actual book cover price printed on the back of the book. Again, we have no control over bookstores selling prices, but I want you to understand our "suggested selling price" is $70.00.

You may order books at that $70.00 + $5.00 shipping from Eastwind....and yes we do have them. Books are being shipped now, in the order we received payments. With hundreds of back orders we expect all books to be in the mail by mid-week of next week.
Any questions call/write:

Eastwind Publishing
eastwind@wildblue.net
410-476-4445

Patrick Hornberger

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
Here is what the Reading Museum said to me:
Hello, just touching base to let you know that the book on the Kindig Long Rifle exhibition is finally complete and here!  If you are still interested, let me know.

Hard cover, full color

Cost $70 plus tax   and/or with shipping and handling total comes to - $90

Sherry L. Ritchey

Volunteer Services & Administrative Support

Reading Public Museum

500 Museum Road

Reading, PA 19611-1425

Ph: 610-371-5850, ext. 224

email: sherry.ritchey@readingpublicmuseum.org

Offline Wayne Holcombe

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »
Are any of these books at the book dealers hey.I wonder if it be offered at Kalamazoo this weekend ?

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 11:54:55 PM »
Has anyone here gotten the gook yet?  If so,  a review would be appreciated.

Offline Joey R

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 12:48:08 AM »
I received my invitation card today and the price is $70 plus $5 shipping. I'm going for it.
Joey.....Don’t ever ever ever give up! Winston Churchill