Author Topic: Marking Gage  (Read 14668 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Marking Gage
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:20:58 AM »
I needed a marking gage today to lay out the centerline on a stock.  Didn't have one, so I made this one to go with the depth gage I use all the time

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:09:30 AM by rich pierce »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline davebozell

Re: Marking Gage
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 03:12:47 PM »
I wish I could just whip up stuff like that.  Very nice work.  If you aren't in business selling tools like this, you need to be.  I can see the line forming now.

Offline KNeilson

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:48:25 AM »
Beautiful little tools!! I have envied others you have shown also. Have wondered how you did your knurling, good motivation for me to research the subject   thx    Kerry
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:35:56 AM by KNeilson »

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
I wish I could just whip up stuff like that.  Very nice work.  If you aren't in business selling tools like this, you need to be.  I can see the line forming now.

He does have a business selling tools and other things ML related.  http://www.luckybag.us/

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline Kermit

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
Truly nice. If I was Dave, I'd be asking myself if I can make and market a tool that's already out there for under 40 bucks. I've been known to make an item I could easily purchase just because just because. We've all heard the quip about the blacksmith: "Why spend $6 for something I can make in only 6 hours?"

For example:     http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=59455

It is elegant though, no?

I have one of Dave's depth guages because I don't know another tool that does what that one can. It's always close and handy.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

kaintuck

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:25:54 AM »
You guys are contributing to my upcoming devorce......she says I have enough tools, and I say just one more low angle plane.......and NOW you post THE web page I need to stay away from....

Between the vet and Lee Valley, I don't stand a chance of ever having two dimes to rub together.....

Aarrrggghhhh..............

Marc n tomtom