Author Topic: E. Von Aschwege pistol ,Feb 4th  (Read 4336 times)

Offline bob in the woods

E. Von Aschwege pistol ,Feb 4th
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
Eric's pistol is highlighted today on the Contemporary Makers Blog.  The work is superb !   A truly artful and well executed piece.  I really, really like this one  ;D

Offline PPatch

Re: E. Von Aschwege pistol ,Feb 4th
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:36:53 PM »
I'm with you Bob, tis a beautiful firearm. Good work Eric!

dp
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 05:08:22 AM »
Tis indeed awesome.
Kunk

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »
I got a chance to see it at Dixons'   It's a piece of art.  Anyway, I went to point at a feature over
the railing at the display area and a lady wacked my hand with a fly swatter.  It took me a second to figure out why.  I think she really loves her job.  We laughed about it on the ride home.  I like people who take their work seriously lol.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline wpalongrifle

• gunmaker/hornsmith
    • mkarkalla.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 01:25:59 AM »
Shreck, Joyce takes her duties very seriously!!! When it comes to Judging from all the  entered guns for "Best Of Show" The Judges Seldom Agree on One Choice. I ask each Judge to pic one gun and present it as their Choice!!! We ALL grabbed for the same Piece. This doesn't happen too often. This Pistol is a great interpretation of a Rupp. 
mike karkalla
F&AM Chartiers Valley#725
North American Order of the Beaver
mkarkalla.blogspot.com

Offline E.vonAschwege

• Global Moderator
    • von Aschwege Flintlocks
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys.  I had a lot of fun making this pistol - I know of one original H. Rupp pistol, but only have one B&W photo of its profile (from Dyke's book).  Does anyone know where there are more photos of it?  I want to build a few simple Lehigh pistols and really play with the red varnish, and have some large European horse pistols to get to as well.  Thanks again, I appreciate the encouragement - Now if only I could learn how to shoot these things accurately, haha!
-Eric
Former Gunsmith, Colonial Williamsburg www.vonaschwegeflintlocks.com