Author Topic: Cascade Mountain Men Muzzle Loading Arms and Pioneer Craft Show March 7 & 8 2015  (Read 8607 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Cascade Mountain Men Muzzle Loading Arms and Pioneer Craft Show March 7 & 8, 2015 for more information see this link http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=33992.msg326314#msg326314
Dennis
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:44:37 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline shifty

Wow wish i could go!

Offline mab7

I wish they host something like this in Kansas City

kr54

Holden, Mo, this Friday and Saturday, February 20 and 21.  I can't find my flyer right now, but I think it can be googled.

Offline mab7

That figures...
I live less than an hour from Holden but will be in Arkansas this weekend...

Offline Kermit

The CMM show in Monroe has been going on longer than I've been frontstuffing, which is about 40 years now. It's been a great show all those years. If you're in the NW quarter of the CONUS, it's worth a trip if you can possibly make it.

You going, Dennis?
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline bigsmoke

Hmmmm...  I have been going to it since it was in Kent.  Really liked that.  Sorry to say, it outgrew the facility, so they moved it to Puyallup.  I cared less for the location there but it was OK.  Then they went to what I felt was the best location, Enumclaw.  Really liked that place, even though we were assigned space right next to one of the doors.  It was like being in a very cold wind tunnel.  Evidently there was a disagreement with the country where they got lots of greedy, so it was moved to its current location in Monroe.  Only went there a couple of times, but frankly, I did not care for the layout at all, nor the location.  I understand there is a new building now and it is a lot better.
But, here is the real deal, the show itself is absolutely terrific, at its very worst.  And it gets better from there.  I don't care what you want that has to do with muzzleloading, it is there.  You want it - someone's got it for sale, and usually at a reasonable price.  Plus it's a great chance to meet and great people who you haven't seen in a while.  Thanks CMM, for continuing a fantastic tradition.
Like Kermit said, if you live in the northwest, it's worth it to attend.  Once again, distance precludes my attending.  Maybe next year?

Offline Kermit

Everything but blackpowder, Bigsmoke. The site management apparently has rules about that. I did find perc caps for my bench and chunk guns though. Like most anything of this show's general type, there's a lot of fantasy $#@* stuff. I always make a quick trip through the whole venue for a survey, only stopping for must-haves that I want to snap up.

There's a book vendor whose name is lost in my grey matter clutter at the moment that always separates me from my green. Great folks.

Offline bigsmoke

Everything but blackpowder, Bigsmoke. The site management apparently has rules about that. I did find perc caps for my bench and chunk guns though. Like most anything of this show's general type, there's a lot of fantasy $#@* stuff. I always make a quick trip through the whole venue for a survey, only stopping for must-haves that I want to snap up.

There's a book vendor whose name is lost in my grey matter clutter at the moment that always separates me from my green. Great folks.

Yes, try as they may to eliminate them, the florescent feather crowd always seems to show up, along with some bizarre knives, etc.  The book merchant you are talking about is probably Jim Hayden and his wonderful wife, Loraine.  Seems like I have left a few frog skins in their pocketbooks myself over the years.  Great people and even better friends.  I always looked forward to going out to dinner with them on Saturday night.
I will just bet that if you happen to ask the right people about it, you can find powder there as well.  Might have to take a trip out to the parking lot, but...

Offline Kermit

YES! I don't know how many time Loraine has gone above and beyond for me. I once asked her about a clothing pattern I knew was discontinued. Two years later she had it at the show for me. I can't remember stuff from last week! They are truly great people.

Online RichG

Kermit-are you referring to James Hayden? He's been separating me and my money for years.

Offline Kermit

Yup. Me too. Lorraine sure helps! What a charmer.

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
I believe that this show reached its hay day, at least for my interests, when it was at Enumclaw.  At one time we had Ron Scott, Don Brown, Jeff Cline, Mike Keller, Jerry Huddleston, myself and a few other good gunmakers who's name's I forgot.  Even John Barrett showed up one year.  Just like John and Kermit, Loraine and Jim always had something I needed, a good book or two and a few pairs of stockings.  Now the show caters to mostly to the rendezvous crowd.  Lots of "beads and feathers" as I call it.  I have not attended in several years but that is mostly due to location.  I would rather stay at home as I feel my time is better spent working in the shop.  It takes a 45 minute drive to the ferry, a $14.00 ferry ticket and then another 45 minute drive to Monroe.  Add entry fee and it costs me $60.00 just to get in the door and return home.  With that said, the camaraderie is the main reason I would go.  Lots of good people and friends to catch up with on old times and current endeavors.  I wish the promoters nothing but good luck.  I know several of them and they all work hard to make this event what it is. 
David

KHickam

Yep, I miss being able to go - I think I went about 10 times over the years - it was a long drive from Spokane but doable when I moved back home to Sunnyside and it was in Enumclaw - and very easy when I was at McChord

Spokane had a similar show at one time I think