Author Topic: New York State Percussion Rifles  (Read 2930 times)

CW Smokepole

New York State Percussion Rifles
« on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:22 PM »
Does anyone out there know if Tom Rowe is in our midst? I knew Tom before I escaped NY and moved to Dixie, but  have since lost contact. Several of my NY Capguns are in the (set of 5) "New York State Firearms Trade" and I'm curious as to the possibility of a sixth book to update, or: is there currently anyone other than Tom collating information for inclusion should Vol. 6 be considered?

Offline JCKelly

Re: New York State Percussion Rifles
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:28:10 AM »
Bob Naum, Monroe County NY told me that he and his friend Doc Spink, also Western NY were gathering data for another edition. If you like, I can send Naum whatever information suits you, and leave it to him to contact you.

Such interest as I have in NY guns is that I wrote the book Michigan Gunsmiths. I found that a very significant % of our smiths had come from NY. I was so fortuate as to spend some time in the late H.J. Swinney's apartment listening to his unbelievable recollection  of NY gunsmiths.

CW Smokepole

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »
JCK- thx for the info- I'll get my updated list and photos to Doc. Spink in the near future- I'd like to see/shelve Vol. VI......

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
CW,
Sent you a PM
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson