Author Topic: Cliff Noll Gun HELP  (Read 4272 times)

Farren

Cliff Noll Gun HELP
« on: February 23, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »
Just getting started in black powder. Found a custom made gun made for the guy I bought it from. 20 or so years ago.
Its made by Cliff Noll. Can anyone tell me what I Have.  He never fired it!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:17:40 AM by Farren »

Buckingham

Re: Cliff Noll Gun HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »
A quick forum search turned up a reference to Cliff Noll in the following thread:

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=21771.0

Looks like the Pacific Northwest is where you want to begin your search; many contemporary long rifle gun makers are still with us, and if he were part of the revivalist movement or afterwards (1970s +) then you should be able to locate him using standard online search tools.  Good luck!

Offline lexington1

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:46:03 AM »
Cliff Noll is a very good maker. I had one of his guns and saw several others. He used to live not too far from me in Kellog, Idaho, but I have no idea where he moved to or even if he is still building guns. In the late 70's early 80's he made copies of the Grice/Wilson English trade rifles.

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:36:39 PM »
Cliff used to submit 'how to' articles to the Buckskin Report IIRC.  I always enjoyed reading his articles, and his art work for the articles was superlative.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

KHickam

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:29:55 AM »
Cliff Noll rifles are awesome - last contact I had with him he lived in Pinehurst and I shot with him at C'D alene Muzzleloader shoots and he was great - I had a chance a couple times to shoot his guns and there were freaking awesome - if I recall they were in the $$$ thousands even in the mid-80s