Author Topic: Table gun architecture  (Read 3754 times)

mmprwarner

Table gun architecture
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »
To any of you out there who have or might be interested in participating in the table shoot. We had some architecture questions come up. We settled it is gentlemen. Then the question came up. How do we get the word out to everybody. I do not want to seem too presumptuous, but I'm going to put a link that will explained what was decided. This will simply lead you to a PDF.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/7ff034_85a7c0ce835845b580d08fee4a32d39e.pdf

Thank you
Robin

Offline Standing Bear

Re: Table gun architecture
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
Over regulation!!! Taking the fun away with too many rules.

Just have Weight limit classes and stock cannot touch anything but the shooter. Classes also for sights and ignition (even for zip guns w scopes). Shoot what you brung. Include everyone and some may even see how well those old timey guns shoot and come to the light.
TC

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:58:27 PM by Standing Bear »
Nothing is hard if you have the right equipment and know how to use it.  OR have friends who have both.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/

Online Daryl

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
Trouble is, without rules, it will turn into a race-gun event, just like IPSC did - or people who want specific advantages get themselves elected and then change the rules - hmmmmm - sounds just like politics - doesn't it.

It's too bad, "some" people are so interested in beating the rules - we see that up here in all disciplines, except for black powder.  Side hammer, round ball & cloth patch only on the BP range.  I don't even shoot paper ctgs. on the trail, although I've never had one burn or catch fire.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Kermit

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
Agree with Daryl. But let's remember, Robin has worked to get the NMLRA to give this game a try, and rules have been established for Friendship and other NMLRA events. Should a local club wish to engage in a modified form for their members/guests, they are certainly free to do so. I can see a club somewhere inviting the plastic/stainless/inline folks to join in, whether in open competition or a separate class would be their decision. Some other club might choose to only allow flintlocks and loading from the bag. Nobody is keeping you fron doing as you please, but rather setting clear limits for folks gathering from far and wide to shoot together and understanding what the playing field looks like. Shucks, the NFL tells everyone what air pressure must be in the leather spheroids they use. ;D

Some may not be aware that there is also a hunter/traditional class as well. The restrictions there are even more specific.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

mmprwarner

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
Thanks Daryl and Kermit I think you guys have got it figured out, Kermit, you're absolutely right. I have been asked about flintlock only matches, which I think is a super good idea for a home club somewhere. We didn't add any new rules, we simply defined an existing one.
We started out with the matches at friendship like we have. Maybe someday will add on that is yet to be seen. When a gentleman asked me about coming putting on a flintlock match only for him. I told him it might be tough to do, because I would want to shoot in it. I hope he can get enough players together, I'll see if I can't talk my wife and scoring. While I shoot.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:52:23 PM by mmprwarner »

HAWKEN

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:09 PM »
Anybody named Robin can't be all bad, LOL!!!