Author Topic: Sweetheart Shoot  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Herb

Sweetheart Shoot
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »
Terry had a Sweetheart Shoot on Valentine's day, here are some photos to break up your winter doldrums- if you have a winter.  We didn't.  Terry, Carole, Kyne and Carl.

Carole shooting her .40 flintlock I built for her.

The first target was shot while holding a brick suspended from your front hand.  Nobody hit it.  My excuse was the set trigger went before I was ready.

The second target was shot through a 2" pipe tunnel.  That is my bullet splash.  I con't remember anyone else hitting it.

This one turned when (IF) hit.  The running Leprechaun will be a target at our St. Patrick's day shoot this Saturday.  He slides down a wire. (If "Saturday" is messed up, it is a gremlin did it).

I hit this one, too.

Kyne shooting his .69 or .72 flintlock, whatever it is.  He is good with it, too.

He hit the smallest swinger and blew it away.

The tie-breaker was this paper target.  You had to get close to see your chosen target.  Everyone else moved up close and shot the double hearts.  I stayed back as far as I could see them, then missed the hearts and hit low (second shot from the left), so had to shoot that target.  I misidentified the bottom right target, so came in second based on this.  Kyne won.  This is my .54 Bridger Hawken I built.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:11:53 AM by Herb »
Herb

Offline wattlebuster

Re: Sweetheart Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:01 AM »
Great pic Herb. But yours always are. Those targets gave this ole fat redneck some idea's ???.  And to think Curt Lyles said I aint got much of a brain ;D. Thanks for posting.
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Kalhoon

• Starting Member
Re: Sweetheart Shoot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:14 AM »
Thanks for the great photos Herb. Always enjoy your posts.