Author Topic: New Ky Rifle WEBSITE  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
New Ky Rifle WEBSITE
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:18:45 AM »
Have a "sneak peek".  Help us with your ideas, please.

http://americankentuckyrifleart.com/index.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:19:08 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Great X Grandpa
Re: New Ky Rifle WEBSITE
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
Looks good. Just a general editing comment. Blocks of fully capitalized text are harder to read than properly capitalized text.
Robert Wolfe
Northern Indiana

Offline sydney

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:27:25 AM »
Hi--Good start--Please continue and I m sure it will improve
      Don t put too much stock in the naysayers as they are a dime a dozen
           Good luck    Sydney

• Library_mod
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:43:51 PM »

I truly appreciate everyones thouhgts andf please continue...good or bad. Bruce and I are making a modest effort based on what we think we can offer. I understand each of your perspectives.

As to my office...the rifles are on occassion there...usually arrive from a purchase or trade and I do ( selective) show them to patients, parents and staff....and they are absolutely "awed" at their beauty and history. I am however politely declined when I offer to go to a school with an offer to "teach" history, so thus the "INTERNET".

What I also know is that with this effort.....the answer is __?___! And I am not being arrogant or sarcastic. Without Tim , Dennis  and others...No ALR, our top site, and without "The Museum Committee"....no ALR Library and Museum....800 rifles on display for the whole world to see.  Who really knows. We are not selling anything, no agenda other than to offer to provide easier access to "knowledge" the best way we can. So join us. Be optomistic!!! THE ANSWER TO NO EFFORT IS A KNOWN!

Any suggestions welcome. Sites to be added; email us your suggestions. Contact Bruce and I personally or continue this or other threads

Thank you

Hurricane and Nord.

• Library_mod
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
Partially built.  Though you viewers are not the prime target audience, our goal is to assist  new interested persons to find information easily. We would appreciate your thoughts.

http://americankentuckyrifleart.com/

Thank you,
Hurricane and Nord
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:16:23 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

greybeard50

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »
Under:"Important Kentucky Rifle and related Art and History websites"

I'm puzzled and a bit surprised to see that you do not include nmlra.org???

• Library_mod
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 05:03:06 AM »
Though  I support the  NMLRA and our mutual focus relates to Kentucky Rifles, the mission statement of The NMLRA:  

"The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association exists to promote, support, nurture, and preserve NMLRA’s and our nation’s rich historical heritage in the sport of muzzleloading through recreational, educational, historical, and cultural venues such as match competition, hunting, gun making and safety, historical re-enactments, exhibits, museums, libraries, and other related programs"

is different from our mission and goal: Attract, Introduce, educate the uninnitiated to the ART in/of Kentucky Rifles and accoutrements, old and contemporary.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:51:17 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

greybeard50

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
The NMLRA is the father or grandfather of every one of your "chosen few". They simply would not exist in their current forms were it not for the hard work and scholarship initiatives of the NMLRA.

Do you seriously think there would be an "Honorable Company of Horners" without the tens of thousands of shooters who see the NMLRA as the basis of their sport/hobby/advocation??? Are you that ignorant? (before you get all upset, I recommend you look up the meaning of "ignorant")

Good luck with whatever it is you think you're doing.

• Library_mod
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:03:48 AM »
Respectfully, we appreciate learning of the historical signifcance of the NMLRA and will add it into the appropriate page  as we continue to build the site.
Thank you
Hurricane and Nord
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:14:51 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

• Library_mod
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 02:56:48 AM »

americankentuckyrifleart.com

Much more completed.  Have a look.  Remember we are try to make KY Rifle (1750-2015) information readily available to attract new interest. This is intentionally not written for ALR viewer who are experienced makers and collectors. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Pointing out errors would especially be helpful.
Hurricane and Nord

fgarner@verizon.net
nordata@mindspring.com
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:00:05 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »