Author Topic: New Ky Rifle web site  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
New Ky Rifle web site
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:20:42 AM »
Have a "sneak peek".  Help us with your ideas, please.

http://americankentuckyrifleart.com/index.html

• Library_mod
Re: New Ky Rifle web site
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:44:28 PM »

I truly appreciate everyones thouhgts andf please continue...good or bad. Bruce and I are making a modest effort based on what we think we can offer. I understand each of your perspectives.

As to my office...the rifles are on occassion there...usually arrive from a purchase or trade and I do ( selective) show them to patients, parents and staff....and they are absolutely "awed" at their beauty and history. I am however politely declined when I offer to go to a school with an offer to "teach" history, so thus the "INTERNET".

What I also know is that with this effort.....the answer is __?___! And I am not being arrogant or sarcastic. Without Tim , Dennis  and others...No ALR, our top site, and without "The Museum Committee"....no ALR Library and Museum....800 rifles on display for the whole world to see.  Who really knows. We are not selling anything, no agenda other than to offer to provide easier access to "knowledge" the best way we can. So join us. Be optomistic!!! THE ANSWER TO NO EFFORT IS A KNOWN!

Any suggestions welcome. Sites to be added; email us your suggestions. Contact Bruce and I personally or continue this or other threads

Thank you

Hurricane and Nord.

• Library_mod
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
Partially built.  Though you viewers are not the prime target audience, our goal is to assist  new interested persons to find information easily. We would appreciate your thoughts.

http://americankentuckyrifleart.com/

Thank you,
Hurricane and Nord
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:19:04 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

• Library_mod
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »
americankentuckyrifleart.com

Much more completed.  Have a look.  Remember we are try to make KY Rifle (1750-2015) information readily available to attract new interest. This is intentionally not written for ALR viewer who are experienced makers and collectors. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Pointing out errors would especially be helpful.
Hurricane and Nord

fgarner@verizon.net
nordata@mindspring.com

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:59 PM »
Very cool.  Keep it up.  These kinds of resources are invaluable.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.