Author Topic: Exhibits of Kentucky Rifles  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Exhibits of Kentucky Rifles
« on: March 22, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
Looking for the Names of Permanent and temporary exhibits/ Collections of Kentucky Rifles (Antique and /or Contemporary), open to the public, in US and anywhere in world. . Please add as a reply.
Hurricane
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 05:36:49 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline Monty59

Re: Exhibits of Kentucky Rifles
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:49:28 PM »
Hello , I'm from Germany and although I am fairly new here in the forum but I was a few times in the US and I know that the NRA Museum in Fairfax VA. has a nice collection,
than the Fort Pitt Museum PA. also a few nice one in Colonial Williamsburg Museum in VA. Here in Germany we have a few but only Jaeger and Fowlers no American Longrifle.

Greetings from Germany

Monty

Offline spgordon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »
Jacobsburg Historical Society operates the Pennsylvania Longrifle Museum:

http://www.jacobsburghistory.com/society-collections/pennsylvania-longrifle-museum/
Check out: The Lost Village of Christian's Spring
https://christiansbrunn.web.lehigh.edu/
And: The Earliest Moravian Work in the Mid-Atlantic: A Guide
https://www.moravianhistory.org/product-page/moravian-activity-in-the-mid-atlantic-guidebook

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles

Offline E.vonAschwege

• Global Moderator
    • von Aschwege Flintlocks
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:56:09 PM »
My cousin went to the Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, Missouri and said there was an NRA museum there with about 50+ flintlock arms on display.  He's not super familiar with flintlocks, so I he couldn't tell me anything more than "there were lots of them". 
-Eric
Former Gunsmith, Colonial Williamsburg www.vonaschwegeflintlocks.com

Offline HIB

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:08 AM »
Gentlemen,  The Kentucky Rifle Foundation 20 gun display at the NRA headquarters National Firearms Museum has been extended for another six months due to its popularity.

Please refer to the pictures at the top of page 1 of the ALR Antique Gun Collecting post referencing the NFM/KRF display for further information. 

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation also set up display tables at most of the Eastern and Southern affiliate weekend shows.

The KRF generally participates in the annual NRA Collectors section as well. The CLA is generally a regular participant.  Pictures of these displays are available should anyone have an interest in seeing them.  Contact me for more info and a display schedule for 2015. Many of you have visited the Foundation displays in the past. Feel free to comment on their value.
Regards, HIB

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 05:24:41 AM »
Henry, over the years I have seen many of the exhibits sponsored by the Kentucky Rifle Foundation and have always found them interesting, informative and educational. Not to mention filled with really cool stuff! 

Thank you and the other members of the Foundation boakrd, for your tireless efforts!
Wayne Elliott