Author Topic: Kentucky Rifle Foundatiion, the KRA and KRA member Mel Hankla win big at NRA  (Read 6425 times)

Offline HIB

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation, The Kentucky Rifle Association and KRA member Mel Hankla won top awards at the Annual NRA show last week. .  

The KRA annual booth sponsored by the Kentucky Rifle Foundation handed this years booth's assignment to well known collector and author Mel Hankla. His display of two famous rifles made in or near the show sight [Nashville] got the judges attention and praise.  

The top awards were:

1. Best Educational Exhibit of Antique Guns
2. The Thomas Simpson rifle for Gasper Mansker won "Ten Best Arms"
3. The Powder Horn and Beaded Strap belonging to William Whitley was awarded "Best Accouterment"

Congratulations to all those who worked so hard on this award wining display, especially Mel Hankla.   Regards, HIB

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:40:54 AM by HIB »

Offline Telgan

Very Nice. Congratulations Mel.

Offline JTR

• member 2
Excellent!

John
John Robbins

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
What else can I say but Great work Mel. Beautiful !  Truly masterpieces in their own right. Way to go and congratulations, you deserve it.

topknot
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
Mark Tyler and I had the opportunity to study that rifle "in hand" (Thomas Simpson rifle) last year at the KRA. Mel was gracious enough to share it with us and 3 or 4 other fellows later in the evening. It is one of the finest rifles I have ever held, great gun. Congratulations to Mel.
Buck 

Offline WElliott

• member 2
Thank to Mel for hus professional representation of our longrifles fraternity to our seriel-number loving friends. An important educational opportunity.
Wayne Elliott

Offline BOB HILL

Thanks Mel and everyone else involved.Wonderful presentation.We are so lucky to have you all.     Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry