Author Topic: George Sutton called.  (Read 7593 times)

jamesthomas

George Sutton called.
« on: April 16, 2015, 09:33:54 PM »
 Well, I placed an order yesterday for some Mr. Flintlocks Lube an low an behold Mr. Sutton called ME this morning from Maine! and I live in Alabama. He wanted me to call him back after I tried it and tell him how it does. I got 2x 8 oz. bottles an sent the Money Order in this morning. Probably will get it sometime next week, but it will be a while before I'm well enough to go shooting (June maybe late May), (been having some serious health problems lately, you can PM me to find out why)). He was very nice.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by james e »

Offline smokinbuck

Re: George Sutton called.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:29:51 AM »
I got a bottle last year and it really works. For table shooting I use a Mr. Flintlock lubed patch between shots and one dry patch. Keeps the fouling down in the barrel and makes it a breeze to clean the barrel after the match. Well worth it.
Mark
Mark

Offline Daryl

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:24:50 AM »
I used it for my pistol shooting for 2 days using a .445" ball and .019" crushed, pocket drill patch. Aside from cleaning the barrel and lock after supper both days, I did not have to run any patches into the bore. At no time did fouling build up, even when shooting the slugs with BP Gold Lube, then going back to shooting patched balls- no trouble loading at any time.  Of course I was only shooting from 30 to 40gr. of powder with either of the projectiles.
I expected shooting the undersized slugs would end up with fouling the bore - I was wrong - no fouling buildup and no change in accuracy switching back and forth.

This is the pistol that gave a 1 1/2", 5 shot group at 38yards, from a rest. There are not many modern guns that can match that accuracy, and that was without my glasses on. With the glasses, I shot a 4" string for 4 shots and could not believe how poorly my gun grouped, so I took off the glasses - what a difference - I could see the front sight, almost sharply and that was all that mattered.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »
I have used it for about a year and have had great success with it. Makes cleaning much easier and faster.
I have a few bottles that I will bring to Norris this morning if anyone is interested.

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:31:05 PM »
I can recommend it as well.
The Pistol Shooter

deertracker

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
I use it, and like it very much, for match shooting.

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:29 AM »
One day I am sure , I will have to check it out because I have heard only good things about it. Right now I am 100% happy with what I am using and see no reason to change lubes.

topknot
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:08:31 AM by Topknot »
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

jamesthomas

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:23:18 AM »
 Well, I received the lube in today, now to just get well enough to go shooting, its been very tough. My knees are killing me because of the weight I have lost, the legs are very weak and hurt a lot. Its tough even walking down the hallway sometimes.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 03:48:58 AM »
Tylenol and Ibuprofen taken together worked almost as well for me as did Tylenol 3's.

Best wishes, James
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:49:26 AM by Daryl »
Daryl

jamesthomas

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 05:13:57 AM »
Tylenol and Ibuprofen taken together worked almost as well for me as did Tylenol 3's.

Best wishes, James

I discovered that Tylenol doesn't do anything for it. but that 4 Ibuprofen work pretty good. 4 in the morning and 4 at night before I go to bed. I keep dreaming of oxycodone 20mg. which I was on before and which started me down hill. Then my doctor put me on this Fentanyl spray that ended up putting me in the hospital and then a rehab center for 5 days. I lost close to 25 lbs. in just 3 months, and I'm a small guy to begin with, my max weight is around 115 lbs. I went down to 84 lbs.  I have been clean since March 24th. I've have gained a few pounds since I'm now up to 92 lbs.

Btw, the reason for the pain killers is that I have a double curve scoliosis with 2 steel rods implanted down my back from the base of my neck to the end of my spine. with bolts an wires attaching them to my spine. Funny thing is that I don't hurt after getting over the meds. :). It seems that the meds just made things worse  ???.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:28:11 AM by james e »

Offline Daryl

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »
You're right- Tylenol by itself is useless for real pain.  The combination does work- for some people.  Ibuprofen is hard on the liver among other things, but not as bad as the narcotics.
Years ago, I was prescribed Celebrex 200mg. This muscle relaxant is easier on your 'system' than Ibuprofen, but of course, being a prescribed medication (here), is more expensive. Celebrex was the only thing that allowed me use of my right hand- completely screwed in the wrist, but with the drugs, full use - go figure. Reminds me, I didn't take the pills yet this morning- will be shooting the .44 a bit later, need to get 'fortified'.
Daryl

Offline Daniel

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
James,
I understand the pain. My neck from dropping a welding hood for 35 years has wrecked it.
Went out this morning with a new 20. 60 of 2f was comfortable till I flinched. BooBoo profen
works for me. Can't take the med doc gave me and drive.
Daniel     Ecc.4:12

jamesthomas

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »
 I'm going to try to go shooting tomorrow at the club, maybe a dozen rounds to try out the lube, I just hope they have the gate open, sometimes they do sometimes they don't, if it is they will let you shoot for free, my membership expired on March 31st.

Offline Mad Monk

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 08:37:38 PM »
A word of caution on the use of the over the counter pain killers.

ALL of the NSAID pain killers work as blood thinners also.  In high doses over extended periods of time you may be looking at internal bleeding in addition to liver and kidney damage.  I went through that about 20 years ago.  Left knee has an ACL repair dating to 1977 that went degenerative and a right knee gone degenerative from "over use".

The problem with the over the counter stuff is that to really act as an anti-inflammatory and pain killer they must be taken in doses above the recommended amounts if one is dealing with chronic inflammation and pain.  To the point where you will find blood in the urine and in the stools.  Also bleeding after blowing one's nose.

Went through those discussions with the medical people during the WC litigation following the knee problem.

Mad Monk