Author Topic: Looking for info on Phil Quaglino & recently acquired rifle made by him as well  (Read 5161 times)

tbriggs

I Just acquired a plain Tennessee Poorboy in 45 cal., 8 groove 42" octagonal barrel, signed on top P. QUAGLINO ADDISON VT., and on the bottom flat it says P.J.Q. 13.5 30 3408 DEC. 3 1979, MFG FOR PETE BELL MANVILLE VT.  No other marks so it seems the barrel and the gun were made by Phil Quaglino.  I am told he is a repeat National Champion Black Powder Shooter but don't know whether cartridge or muzzleloader.  Any clues?  My barrel is choke bored and shot a single hole 3 shot group at 25 yards off hand the second time out.  I intend to bring it to the NH Regionals next month and hope to do him proud with it.  T. Briggs

Offline JTR

• member 2
Amazing what a simple google search using the guys name will turn up;  :o

http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/modern-fullstock-flintlock-sporting-rifle-by-p.-429-c-3839f9f3c1

Phil Quaglino, formerly of Addison Vermont is now the NMLRA representative for North Florida. He is a well-seasoned shooter, rifle builder and holder of NMLRA shooting records. (34493-34)

John

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:31:05 PM by JTR »
John Robbins

Online Levy

I believe Phil lives in Havana, FL just north of Tallahassee, FL, where I live.  He was in Mayo, FL for a while making barrels for both cartridge and muzzleloaders I believe.  A very talented and knowledgeable man.  I see him every once in a while down at a mutual friends house.  He's always coming up with something very unusual.  The last gun that I saw was something like a wire stocked bicycle rifle that was a muzzleloader.  I don't have any contact information for him.  He did come by for a bottle of browning solution that I'd made up.

James Levy
James Levy

tbriggs

Re:  Info on Phil Quaglino barrel

JTR:  I being computer handicapped have my wife as middle "man" and she didn't know which way to turn when she Googled him so thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Levy:  My question is:  What do the numbers after his initials mean?  See my first post on May 21st.  Is there any chance you could "middle man" contact or ask him?

Thanks.

T. Briggs

Online Levy

T. Briggs,  I'll see if I can come up with some contact information for you from our mutual friend.

James Levy
James Levy

Offline moleeyes36

Phil Quaglino is a NMLRA Field Rep in Florida and the contact information for him on the NMLRA website is http://nmlra.org/about-us-2/field-reps/ 

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

tbriggs

James and Mole Eyes,
Thank you both for the information.  Greatly appreciated.  Will try and make contact, anxious to hear more information on the Poor Boy.
T. Briggs