Author Topic: Rod and gun club in Lehigh Valley  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Dale Halterman

• Global Moderator
Rod and gun club in Lehigh Valley
« on: May 29, 2015, 02:09:08 PM »
My wife and I are relocating to the Lehigh Valley north of the Allentown/Bethlehem area or maybe southern Carbon County and I am looking for a place to shoot. I know about Bowmanstown. Are there any other places a should consider?

Thanks

Dale H

Offline blackbruin

Re: Rod and gun club in Lehigh Valley
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
Blue ridge rifle club, right by the appalachin trail.  They have a woman's only rendezvous and a couple shoots.....

Offline Dale Halterman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply, BB

I found a Blue Ridge rifle club in Walnutport, but can't find much about them. Do they have a website?

Thanks

Dale H

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
Dale,

Here is a link to all of our NMLRA chartered clubs in PA http://nmlra.org/business-directory/wpbdm-category/pennsylvania/  One of these may be near you.

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Black Jack

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »
Attached is a link to the Pennsylvania Federation of Black Powder Shooters website. You can download an application from there for a membership, which is only 12 bucks. You will quickly get by return mail a booklet with information on all affiliated clubs, their yearly shoot schedules and locations on a map. Best $12 you can spend in my opinion.  http://www.pfbps.com/

Offline blackbruin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »
Look up blue ridge longrifles on google, you'll find them.....

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »
Easton fish and game. efag.net. 100 yard rifle range, covered pistol range. Dues are $35.00 a year after the first year which I believe is $70.00. You'll definitely be in the minority as a BP shooter. Mostly black guns and old military stuff. I once saw a guy there with a semi- auto MG 42 complete with tripod and belted ammo.

Duane

Offline StevenV

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 12:06:27 AM »
Dale , Blue Mt. Muzzle Loading Rifle Association in Shartlesville , different club from Blue Ridge. We shoot usually first weekend of the each month, Sat. and Sun. Bench and offhand shooting competion. Any questions don't hesitate to PM me I will help any way I can. .Steve

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »
Ontelaunee Gun Club has a nice range too.

StevenV, I'll have to shoot you a PM too. I live near Cabelas and would like to start getting active in some shoots and events. :)