Author Topic: pierce flints  (Read 5930 times)

oneshot52

pierce flints
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:35:03 PM »
tried to email an order for some flints 2 or 3 times in the last couple of months did not get a reply is he still taking orders??

Offline SCLoyalist

Re: pierce flints
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
For a while he quit, then started taking orders again maybe around last Christmas, but don't know about now.  If you don't make contact with him soon, check out Muzzleloader Builders Supply.   MBS offers Tex-Ark flints that are made by Special needs young adults,   look like they're  a very similar stone to what RP uses, & are priced   around $1 each.   

Offline moleeyes36

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:44:28 AM »
For a while he quit, then started taking orders again maybe around last Christmas, but don't know about now.  If you don't make contact with him soon, check out Muzzleloader Builders Supply.   MBS offers Tex-Ark flints that are made by Special needs young adults,   look like they're  a very similar stone to what RP uses, & are priced   around $1 each.   

I've never tired Rich Pierce's flints, but those Tex-Ark flints are terrific.  I think they beat the heck out of black Englis or French amber flints.  Problem is that there may be a problem with supply because most sizes have been out of stock for quite some time.

Mole Eyes
Don Richards
NMLRA Field Rep, Instructor, Field Range Officer
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Offline Daryl

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »
Althought tough to nap, I do love the Pierce river rocks for my locks.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
If you need a flint source, I've been pleased with the flints I got from Neolithic. If you buy a dozen, the price to your door will be $18, IIRC, so $1.50 each. I've been well pleased with them. They are ground to give flats for the cock jaws, so if you're a stickler for that, you won't like them, but otherwise, they are good, durable English flints. Well, I got English flints, they have White Chert and some other flavors, I think, too.

Black Jack

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
Tddeangelo....Sounds very interesting......could you give some specifics on Neolithic? Full name, location, contact info, etc.? Might want to try out some of their flints!

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 02:39:00 AM »
Hi fellas, I have been making flints in fits and starts the last few years as life's demands change.  I am behind on orders and don't want to take on any more for the foreseeable future.  If life changes (I lose my new job, for example) I will have time and need to get back into it.  For now there is no time to collect rock and make flints.  Sorry, many have been great customers and I enjoy being part of the community in this way.
Andover, Vermont

kaintuck

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 04:26:40 AM »
Hi fellas, I have been making flints in fits and starts the last few years as life's demands change.  I am behind on orders and don't want to take on any more for the foreseeable future.  If life changes (I lose my new job, for example) I will have time and need to get back into it.  For now there is no time to collect rock and make flints.  Sorry, many have been great customers and I enjoy being part of the community in this way.

:'(

I better start walking the ditches looking for rocks again....

Marc n tomtom

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 06:23:35 AM »
Tddeangelo....Sounds very interesting......could you give some specifics on Neolithic? Full name, location, contact info, etc.? Might want to try out some of their flints!

Here ya go...

http://www.neolithics.com/gun-flints/

Black Jack

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »
tddeangelo....thanks much!