Author Topic: Cheapest place to buy .490 lead balls?  (Read 3333 times)

cowboys1062

Cheapest place to buy .490 lead balls?
« on: June 07, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »
 I am looking to find the best buy possible for .490 round balls. Either hand cast or factory. I am a disabled vet and my wife is our only provider so money is always a factor in our family. I read somewhere on this forum or another one of a man named Fletcher Boyd who is supposed to have real good deals but I can't find any contact information on him. I tried to Google his name to see if he has a buisness but could not find anything. Can anyone give me any information on him or somewhere I can get a good deal on .490 lead balls? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully, cowboys1062.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Re: Cheapest place to buy .490 lead balls?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:03:30 PM »
Pursuant to all the other threads and recommendations here on the subject of sources of lead balls, I would contact Eddie May, in North Georgia.  His contact information is posted several times on here.  He, like the fellow you mentioned and many many others in this niche, will not be "googled".  They don't do "online".

The biggest bargain may be casting your own, depending upon your ability to scrounge lead and also the safety and feasibility of your skills and abilities. Some prefer the best quality.  

Best of luck.

searched: "balls" [subject only]

3rd result has Eddie's number.  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=33922.0

cheers.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:05:13 PM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Online wormey

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
Cowboys, send me your address by private message.  I`ll cast you up some and send them, no charge.  DAV to DAV.  Wormey: HHC, 1st Bde, 1st Cav. Div.; Korea, 1964-65
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:21:59 AM by Ky-Flinter »

maineguy

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 04:14:40 PM »
I found outdoor gear barn had them available  with $8.95 for shipping  $11 or $12 a bov  I bought 6 boxes

rfd

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:59:58 AM »
if at all possible, and depending on how often ya shoot, casting yer own balls can easily be cheaper in the long run and the balls will be better.  all it takes is a cheap lee furnace, lee mould, lee dipper - about $60 in all before shipping and/or local taxes.  lotsa sources for pure lead, some for free.  oh - no need for a lead thermometer, either.