Author Topic: R.C. Wallace O/U percussion rifle help  (Read 3187 times)

McLeanWelsh

R.C. Wallace O/U percussion rifle help
« on: June 09, 2015, 09:13:20 PM »
Good morning everyone.  So I recently picked this up in a trade and I'm looking for some insight into this gun and a value. Looking to focus my efforts in more specific directions gun and reenactment wise so I will be selling or preferably trading this one.

So onto the specs.

.40 caliber R.C. Wallace over under rifle.

Wallace was born in about 1801 and was a gunsmith in Ohio in the 1850's. 

The gun has new nipples installed and I have shot it. 2" group at 25 yards with 4 shots (2 and 2)

Overall condition is good and functional. There is some pitting around the breech but not crack breaks or other major issues.

There is even some grease left in the patch box!

The gun has a single set trigger that is easily adjustable. It must be engaged to cock the hammers.

Offline smokinbuck

Re: R.C. Wallace O/U percussion rifle help
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:14:06 PM »
I have a listing for Robert C. Wallace in Wood County, Perrysburg, Ohio, 1811-1882. There was a William Wallace in the same area toward the end of Robert's career but I'm not certain if he was a son, brother or even related. I would be interested in seeing more detailed pictures and specs on your rifle. My email is in my profile if you can send some pics.
Mark
Mark

McLeanWelsh

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:08 AM »
Email sent!

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 03:07:02 AM »
Mac,
Very interesting rifle, thanks for the additional pics.
Mark
Mark

McLeanWelsh

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 04:18:15 AM »
Yes no worries. Any ideas on value ? Having a hard time finding anything to base it off of