Author Topic: Passing of Dan Hardesty  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Passing of Dan Hardesty
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:32 AM »
The collecting fraternity has lost one of the greats.  Regretfully, I was advised by another ALR member of the passing of Dan Hardesty.  For those who didn't know him, Dan had filled the Franklin PA armory with his Wild West Museum collection and for many years worked to amass a huge collection of early American historic items.  He was a wonderful guy to sit and talk with and  welcomed me into his amazing home to share his personal collection which included great things to see like Mary Todd Lincoln's personal carriage and Buffalo Bill's leather coat from the wild west show.  I spent many hours in his museum filled with guns and indian items from early days.  Much of his collection was auctioned by Morphy's recently.  My condolences to his friends and family.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.