Author Topic: old post about collecting antiques ?  (Read 3375 times)

brokenflint

old post about collecting antiques ?
« on: August 03, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »
I recall seeing a couple of posts about approaching / acquiring antiques here somewhere.  I'd like to reread those if anyone here can recall where they are offhand.  my "search phoo is caput", haven't found what I'm looking for.  I think HIB wrote one of them, not sure about the others

Offline Majorjoel

Re: old post about collecting antiques ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:37:16 PM »
Joel Hall

brokenflint

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »
Thanks MajorJoel   

That's one of em  :)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:49 AM »
Here is another:

Americankentuckyrifleart.com

Hurricane

brokenflint

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:16:20 AM »
Thanks Hurricane, I've looked at it some when you launched it, I'll have to go back and see what I can find in there.

AndrewCampbell

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:40 AM »
Were you able to find the link? I'd love to have a read about how to acquire more antiques too! Any more information you recall reading about? Perhaps you could try finding the article about antiques on Google if you use the right search words? Otherwise it might be safe to say that the post might have disappeared! Good luck looking for it though!

brokenflint

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
Andrew   The main post was the one majorjoel noted here http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=34840.msg336076#msg336076    It addresses more of the pitfalls that tricks of acquiring an antique rifle / pistol.   But this was more or less what I was looking for, but I'll read anything you can find on the web  ;)