Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 3613 times)

Dakota60

Posting Pictures
« on: August 12, 2015, 12:12:53 AM »
I thought I would post some pictures of my Stoffel Long rifle but am not sure how to.  Help please!  I'm fairly new to this site.

Offline davebozell

Re: Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 03:34:24 AM »
There are instructions posted in the tutorials.  I have posted pictures for others in the past when that doesn't work.  Send them to me if you still have trouble.

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:22:33 AM »
Here's a link to the tutorial on posting pictures.  http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

-Ron
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline JCKelly

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 03:21:04 AM »
For some of us older Geezers, the New Photobucket became quite impossible to use. If anyone actually knows how to use it, a tutorial to that effect would be great.

I have found that www.tinypic.com works OK

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 04:58:22 AM »
I noticed in the tutorial that it doesn't give an upper limit on the photo size.  They can be too large for the BBS system to handle.   Because, the content management system I use, WordPress, cannot handle images greater than 5Mpixel,  I size all my images to 5Mpixel for web use.   Most cameras these days produce 16Mpixel images or larger.   These are too large for most web based image management systems; or at least larger than the site owners want to handle.    

I use Lightroom to process and resize/reformat images.   I don't know what might be available inexpensively to do the same thing.   If I wanted the current Lightroom/Photoshop (I use older versions) , available only on the cloud,  it would be $19.95 a month.  Adobe is licensing everything by the month now as it's software is only available in the cloud.    Of course,  you could only pay for a month and cancel if you only need it every once in a while   All the other Creative Suite apps; Illustrator, In-Design, DreamWeaver, Acrobat, Flash, etc...; are all available from the cloud on a monthly subscription basis.

If you have Dropbox, you can upload photos there and insert the link they provide you between the  img  /img  (brackets omitted) tags in your post.   I do that with Amazon S3.   There are literally dozens of cloud based storage systems these days that should let you do the same thing.   If you can upload a file to one of these services,  you can post it in a message.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:06:53 AM by Mark Elliott »

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »
Dakota60,
If you email the pictures to me, I'll post them for you. davebozell has made the same offer. Having one of us doing it for you will save you the hassle of figuring it out.

John
jtrrobbins@msn.com
John Robbins