Author Topic: Question for Uberti Santa Fe Rifle  (Read 2886 times)

Klaus

Question for Uberti Santa Fe Rifle
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
i am proud to say that one of the Santa Fe Uberti Hawkens , one of the first Series, are my own.
I have this Rifle since more than 20 Year and this Hawken Replic  is accurate,reliable and nice.

But now today i was looking for spares not to say the any part was damaged or broken but this can be happen at any time.
So i was in contact with serval muzzleloader shops and at least with Hege Uberti Germany to find out if any Spare part is available today
Answer . No

So i would like to ask you, a remember that serval Friends of Hawken Rifles in the US have got the same Rifle,what are you experiences with spares on the US Market?

Could parts from L&R or Ketland or other Manufactures will fit this Rifle. Asking for Mainparts like Lock and Trigger.

Your Info ios much appreciated

Greeting form Germany

Klaus :)

P.S. i am very sorry for the double pics but i dont know why this happen
i copy the pics from Photobucket with the last option IMG but all copy in double >:( 
** Klaus, I removed the surplus lines, Dennis **
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:45:45 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline SCLoyalist

Re: Question for Uberti Santa Fe Rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
Take a look at
 http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=49&cat=Uberti+Santa+Fe+Hawkin

Another option would be to get a Track of the Wolf Catalog.   They show pictures full size of their gun components.  You could lay your parts over the pictures and get a pretty good idea whether a replacement part would fit, or how much gunsmithing would be needed.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:03:06 PM by SCLoyalist »

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »
Klaus,
Have you tried Helmut Mohr in Mayen/Hausen or Guenter Stifter in Trimbs??

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:37:10 PM by Ky-Flinter »

docone

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
I would go with Track of the Wolf. You can replace the lock, lugs, sights, etc. You might have to redovetail, or remove some stock to make something fit, but original rifles were that way anyway.
What can go wrong with it? Nipples wear out but Track has them.
They have always done me right.