Author Topic: Friendship  (Read 13426 times)

Offline hortonstn

Friendship
« on: September 03, 2015, 03:50:10 AM »
I'll be at friendship Saturday thru Wednesday. Like to meet you guys anyone going?

Offline Leatherbark

Re: Friendship
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:55:25 AM »
I'll be at the Silhouette line on Saturday for sure. I predict that I'm going win it for sure IF I don't miss any.  I'll have a green wool hat and a 45 Hawken. I'll have a sidekick using a flint hog rifle.

Bob

Offline Don Steele

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »
I'll be there Saturday through (at least) Wednesday.
Looking forward to toting my new Davis 40 cal (posted in Gun building section a while back) on my First "woodswalk".
This is gonna be interesting...clumsy..?? Certainly...but a learning experience to be sure.
Look at the world with a smilin' eye and laugh at the devil as his train rolls by...(Alison Krauss)

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
I plan to be there on Friday.  Stop and visit, Booth #80

Offline hudson

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:33:33 PM »
Will be at Friendship for most of the week. Silhouette is my game hope to see you there.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday at the table shot next to the chunk gun line.
Mark
Mark

Offline Mike New

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
I have to attend a wedding on Saturday but I hope to make the trip on Sunday. M. New

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:01:35 AM »
I'll be there from Friday until noon on Tuesday, Booth C-5.  Stop by and say hello and maybe even buy something.  See you there.

Offline trentOH

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 08:03:12 AM »
I operate the Running Boar range. It'll be open Sunday through Saturday. I'd be pleased to meet everyone, and will introduce you to the most fun event on the grounds.
Let's hope for pleasant weather!

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 12:39:56 PM »
And I simply wish I could get the Friendship someday....
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Standing Bear

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 03:13:07 AM »
A friend and I are planning on making our first trip. A long way from the Texas hill country.  Arrive around the 15th stay for duration.  Lots to see.
TC
Nothing is hard if you have the right equipment and know how to use it.  OR have friends who have both.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/

Offline SR James

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 03:33:44 AM »
I'll be ther Sat thru Wednesday. First time there and looking forward to it.

Offline Keb

• south Ohio
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 01:01:15 AM »
I'll be there Sat & Sun looking for bargains. Maybe I should just stay home :/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:01:30 AM by Keb »

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
For years I've gone the first weekend and stayed until Wednesday afternoon.  This year I will likely go for just Monday.  It means driving four hours each way, but I've done that before when things got complicated.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Hessian

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 08:44:59 PM »
We were there from Friday morning to Monday afternoon. I realized I had left a gun with a friend at his booth after I crossed the Ohio river so I turned around and headed back! Picked up said gun and hit the road again. I usually pick up a gun or two but this time I bought a canoe!
My camping pardner had a friend come over who had an  Old Town Canoe strapped to his car. The fella wanted $500 OBO. Over the course of the day, the "$500" went down lower and lower until I just couldn't resist. Now I'm the owner of an Old Town Guide Canoe. My wife was less than happy as I have another canoe in the back yard at home. Oh well, at least it matches my Mini-Van! ;D
My friend and I decided to spring for a campsite year round so we don't have to drag our camper back and forth. They applied the amount we had already paid for the past two shoots so all we had to come up with was $200. We have a site near the Education Building.
Incidentaly we will have our popup for sale in the spring. Canvas is sound we just went to a "hardshell" camper.
I enjoy Friendship weather I shoot or not. It's the two times during the year the wife & I get away with friends. 

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »
What, no photos?

I'm not exactly sure what even goes on at Friendship, other than it's probably just about all the cool things I like... period dress, lots of blackpowder arms, and good fellowship.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Tony N

• Rabbit Hash,Ky
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
What, no photos?

I'm not exactly sure what even goes on at Friendship, other than it's probably just about all the cool things I like... period dress, lots of blackpowder arms, and good fellowship.

All of the above!

~Tony

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 01:27:50 AM »
Hessian,
Will the pop up start at $500 like the canoe?
Mark
Mark

Hessian

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »
Frau Hessian says it starts at $1000 ;)
(It may end up at $500)
I'll probably trade for most anything that doesn't eat! ;D

We'll most likely set it up on a site at Friendship for the spring shoot and let whom ever buys/trades for it go from there. What do you have in mind?
Hessian
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:51:51 PM by Hessian »

Ray-Vigo

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 05:38:20 AM »
I had originally planned to take a long trip out and stay for most or all of the week, but stuff came up at work for the wife and I, so it will it not happen this year. Maybe next though. I am a NMLRA member and really want to go someday.

Offline Don Steele

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
This was my first trip to Friendship. After getting there and looking everything over, I decided to spend my 3 days enjoying the shooting I don't get to do at my home club. In other words...I didn't fire a single round at a paper bullseye. It was fun learning the other ways folks have invented to enjoy these rifles. I learned about, and enjoyed "Table Shooting". We'll be putting that together here at home real soon. I got to shoot Running Boar...lots of fun, and pretty humbling. I hunt with my 50 cal. Hawken-style rifle, and have done quite well over the years...but I have a personal rule to NEVER shoot at a running critter. "Running" targets however are a bunch of fun..!!
Then there was the Woodswalk...GROAN. Hooked up with some "internet friends" I had never met, and had a great time. Hit some, missed some...but did manage to bring home a playing card, cut plumb in two by the 40 cal. RB out of my new Davis rifle. This was also my first opportunity to meet vendors I have done business with for years...decades in a couple of cases..but never actually met. Looked at a lot of odds and ends...and met a lot of new friends. I can't say enough about the overall gregarious nature and friendly attitudes of everyone I encountered up there. The good Lord blessed us with perfect weather, and I'm already planning to go back.
Look at the world with a smilin' eye and laugh at the devil as his train rolls by...(Alison Krauss)

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 07:56:44 PM »
Hi Don,
It was our pleasure to be able to introduce you to Friendship, and table shooting. Sounds like Friendship has put a new face on the range. Glad you had a safe trip home and look forward to hearing from you.
Mark
Mark

Offline trentOH

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 05:28:58 AM »
This was my first trip to Friendship. After getting there and looking everything over, I decided to spend my 3 days enjoying the shooting I don't get to do at my home club. In other words...I didn't fire a single round at a paper bullseye. It was fun learning the other ways folks have invented to enjoy these rifles. I learned about, and enjoyed "Table Shooting". We'll be putting that together here at home real soon. I got to shoot Running Boar...lots of fun, and pretty humbling. I hunt with my 50 cal. Hawken-style rifle, and have done quite well over the years...but I have a personal rule to NEVER shoot at a running critter. "Running" targets however are a bunch of fun..!!

Hi Don, I operate Running Boar, and was glad to host you. It's addicting, isn't it? I claim that there isn't a range officer at Friendship who loves what he does more than me. And it's guys like you who make it such fun. Come again, and bring your friends!

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Can we get a couple of pics and some idea of equipment and condition. Never know, might be interested.
Mark
Mark

Hessian

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 04:31:46 AM »
Can we get a couple of pics and some idea of equipment and condition. Never know, might be interested.
Mark
I'll look around and try to find some pictures. It's stored up at my friends house in Indiana. Don't want to turn this into a "for sale thread" but I can probably email you some pics. It's nothing special but it was real nice sleeping in the AC in the summer and out of the dampness in the fall.
Dave