Author Topic: Chares Daly Hawken  (Read 3352 times)

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Chares Daly Hawken
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:24:32 AM »
A few months ago I picked up a nice, but older, Hawken .50 with the Charles Daly brand (which I believe was more of a marketing & distribution mark than anything else).  It has a large capital "I" in a square, which I am fairly sure means it was imported through InvestArms. 

I originally didn't think much of it, but I've grown to think highly of it.  The bore is mint.  The stock has a nice cast-off for RH shooters.  The barrel is a couple inches longer than a T/C Renegade, and it has the Charles Daly scope (which I assume was a package deal originally).

Has anyone ever had one of these?  I'm tempted to sell of the T/C Renegade and Traditions Hawken, and just keep the Charles Daly.  It seems like a very good rifle. 

Just curious if anyone has owned and fired one of these before.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Offline Hungry Horse

Re: Chares Daly Hawken
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:47:02 PM »
Bones92;

Does it have something like twelve lands, and grooves, in the barrel? If so, it is a real shooter, if not damaged.
  Give the T/C to a deserving kid, and use the Tradition for a fence post. JMO.

Hungry Horse

Offline bones92

• If it was easy, everyone would do it.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »
HH, the Charles Daly has six lands.  Lands and grooves appear to have the same width.

Though the triggers on the Traditions aren't great, I've read these shoot fairly well, nonetheless.
If it was easy, everyone would do it.

realtorone

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 01:56:20 AM »
Your post brought back an old memory.In the late 60's and early 70's I had a 9 gage percussion Charles Daly double.It was serial numbered on all the parts 58. I can't remember the proof's but it sure was a good shooter except it was so heavy .I've got the man's card that bought it somewhere.This was 73 or 74 at Friendship.I've kicked myself a lot of times for selling it O well so is life.