Author Topic: Bryan Station Muzzleloaders (Central Kentucky) November Shoots  (Read 3148 times)

Offline bgf

Bryan Station Muzzleloaders (Central Kentucky) November Shoots
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »
We have three shoots scheduled for November, and it may be the last good chance here for good weather before winter sets in!  There will be a table shoot, an offhand rifle shoot for meat, and a woodswalk.  If you are in the area and want to shoot your muzzleloader, come on down.  Bryan Station Muzzleloaders is located in Wilmore, KY, as part of the Bluegrass Sportsmen's League.  Directions here http://bgslinc.com/directions/.  PM me or respond to this thread with questions. 

Saturday, November 14, 2015, Table Match Shoot 
Shoot off bench with barrel of rifle placed on a rest.  Shoot three shots at a spotter target and this group you shoot on the spotter target will be used to place your other targets behind.  You will shoot several one shot targets.  Scoring will either be best string measurement or best X.  Money prizes.  Any percussion or flintlock rifle can be used.  No inline rifles for this match.  Open sights.  This is an open shoot to all BGSL members and to the public.  Fun Shoot. Starts at 12:00 p.m.  Come early to practice.  Food provided.

Sunday, November 22, 2015, Open Rifle Match
Open to all shooters.  Meat shoot. $15 to shoot.  Shoot a four target match which will be 5 shots at a big and little bull target at both 25 and 50 yards. Scoring will be an aggregate score for all four targets.   You can use any muzzleloader using open sights and patched round ball.  All shooters will win something.  We will have turkey, hams, and other meats as prizes.  All items will be placed on a table and you can select what you want from what is available based on your score.  Of course highest score on the four targets will get first choice and then on down the line.  Starts at 1:30 p.m.  Come early to practice.

Sunday, November 29, 2015, Woods Walk Shoot
Open again to all shooters.  Any muzzleloader with open sights and patched round ball.  Take a walk through the woods and shoot at various size targets at various distances.  All types of targets such as split a playing card, split the lead ball on an axe and break two clay pigeons, shoot at a big bear, a turkey head, and several other big and small targets.   Lots of fun.  This is a blanket prize shoot.  Bring something usually shooting related worth about $10.  If you don’t have something to bring, you can put $10 on blanket.  Everyone wins something.  Highest score gets first choice of items on blanket, then on down the line based on your score.  Shoot starts at 1:30 p.m.

Offline bgf

Re: Bryan Station Muzzleloaders (Central Kentucky) November Shoots
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
If anyone plans to come to Saturday's table shoot and hasn't let me know otherwise, I'd appreciate a heads up, especially so no one goes home hungry.

yardhunter

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 05:17:04 AM »
Does anyone wear their duds to this event?

Interested in attending IF my schedule works out…..

Offline bgf

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 06:48:04 AM »
Does anyone wear their duds to this event?

Interested in attending IF my schedule works out…..

Which event?  There's no requirement to wear period clothes to any of them and most if not all likely won't.  Some do dress up for the woodswalk occasionally though, and I'm thinking about it, since it should be cool enough to be comfortable in several layers.

yardhunter

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:32 AM »
Forgot to mention the event….yes, it's the woods walk event. I may wear mine, especially if others will. Trying to get my schedule arranged so I can attend. Possibly bringing 2 other shooters. Will let you know soon, thanks.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:45:39 AM by yardhunter »

Offline bgf

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 07:17:01 AM »
No problem.  You'll be welcome either way!