Author Topic: Pyrodex  (Read 34761 times)

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
Re: Pyrodex
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 05:38:38 AM »
Do you know the definition of TopKnot?

OLDMtnMAN-- What is the definition of topknot?

topknot
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

Offline 56 kodiak shooter

• Starting Member
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »
about 20 years ago I shot 1 load of pyrodex in a in-line, sold  in-line after that its been all flintlocks an real black powder ever since, nothing like the smell of real black powder

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 06:53:14 AM »
Do you know the definition of TopKnot?

OLDMtnMAN-- What is the definition of topknot?

topknot

Your hair. They said watch your topknot. Which meant........don't get scalped!

Offline Candle Snuffer

• Traditional Muzzle Loading, Powder, Patch & Ball
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »
I will always recommend to buy real black powder. Never use the fake stuff for reasons already posted in this thread. You may have to order it, but it's well worth the price and wait.

Snuffer
Chadron Fur Trade Days

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
 In California, it is illegal for a convicted felon to have any firearm,archery tackle, any ammunition, or parts of ammunition, in their possession .

Hungry Horse

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »
State law always wins. Same here in Colorado for the guns, bows etc. However, you can buy black powder online without any kind of check. I think in some states after 10 years a felon can own a gun if they stay out of trouble.

Federal law is much more lenient, and I believe a felon can own a muzzleloader.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 06:28:16 AM »
Michigan if you have or had a felony. Your out of luck or if you have been convicted of domestic violence. The felony does not have to be of a violent crime either. The state might forgive you. But the feds don't . Woman in our town who loves to hunt. Got convicted of embezzling . She cannot own a gun. Period  It's been ten years now since she has been out. Served her parole time. Still can't.

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 05:46:49 AM »
  Wonder if you guys can help? I have heard both ways_ Pyrodex can be used in Black Powder barrels and  no don't use it because of safety reasons. So fellows, which is it?  I know its hard to clean but powder is almost impossible to get where I am. Pyrodex is readily available along with Triple. ???

I would recommend you find some real Blackpowder.
Safety is not the real reason though T7 is pretty hot for sidelock designs from reports.
Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

HAWKEN

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 08:45:14 PM »
Its not the powder ..Its the possession of a firearm that's the issue!.....
[/quote]

In most states, (I know not all), muzzleloaders are not considered firearms unless they are used in the commission of a crime.  Most call them an antique weapon and go on to describe how they must be loaded and fired.  Any firearm designed to use smokeless powder or to be fired electronically would not be considered an "antique firearm", the term most use to describe muzzleloaders.  Therefore,  in most states if a convicted felon is properly licensed, has permission to be hunting where he is, and the game he is hunting is in season, he is most likely ok.........robin   8)

Sharpsman

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 10:14:32 PM »
In California, it is illegal for a convicted felon to have any firearm,archery tackle, any ammunition, or parts of ammunition, in their possession .

Hungry Horse

How about pocketknife?? Ball point pen? Hammer? Baseball bat? Crescent wrench? Golf club? Blow gun? Automobile? Rubber bands? Pizz Elm Club? Sling shot?

Am just wondering....since all these can be deadly weapons!! :o ???

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 10:39:08 PM »

Hungry Horse

How about pocketknife?? Ball point pen? Hammer? Baseball bat? Crescent wrench? Golf club? Blow gun? Automobile? Rubber bands? Pizz Elm Club? Sling shot?

Am just wondering....since all these can be deadly weapons!! :o ???

Do not try to make sense of laws.  You won't find much sense in them. ::)

It's most important to know the laws for Y_O_U_R jurisdiction and abide by them if you want to avoid risking prosecution.

Bring Pyrochlorate into my house, and you'll be risking a foot on your backside.   :o ;D ;)

It's my jurisdiction.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:40:04 PM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 05:19:09 AM »
Wade I like that law.

Sharpsman

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 03:17:56 AM »

Hungry Horse

Hmmm....is a cue ball in a sock OK??

Offline Daryl

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:22 PM »

YUP- but only if you don't conceal it, use it as a weapon, or 'knowingly" have the intent to use it as a weapon. LOL
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »

YUP- but only if you don't conceal it, use it as a weapon, or 'knowingly" have the intent to use it as a weapon. LOL

I saw an old guy at a gas station years ago use a big ball bearing in a sock to devastating effect.
A punk was who was under age was going to "force" the old man to buy a case of beer because
the clerk wouldn't sell it to him. That first hit from the bearing was about 10" under the belt buckle
and the second hit the collar bone.Lesson to be heeded, NEVER mess with an old man who doesn't
like to be messed with.

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:22:29 AM by Ky-Flinter »

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 09:51:57 PM »
 Bob;

My grandad said once, when he was about eighty, that a life sentence wasn't much of a threat. The wisdom of that statement is just now starting to make sense.

Hungry Horse

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:50 PM »
Bob;

My grandad said once, when he was about eighty, that a life sentence wasn't much of a threat. The wisdom of that statement is just now starting to make sense.

Hungry Horse

Your granddad was right. If that punk had encountered George Killen or Bill Sliger in
the gas station he would have been carried out under a sheet with his toes sticking up.

Bob Roller

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
Cue ball in a sock is fine as long as you wear the sock.  ;D

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »
I store my change in a sock, to keep from wearing out my pocket.  How could there be anything wrong with that ?   ;D

Offline J Henry

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »
  Some police dept.would see the change in a sock as a weapon.  If you have a baseball bat in your truck/car in some states you can be charged for having a weapon????

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
When I drove a delivery truck years ago, I was warned by a law enforcement friend not to continue to carry a big ballpean hammer on the engine cover of my COE delivery truck. He said in California it was considered a weapon. I asked him about a screwdriver, and he said if it wasn't modified (sharpened) it was legal. So, I bought a 24" Craftsman screwdriver. I only had to brandish it one time in down town Vallejo.

Hungry Horse

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 09:03:03 PM »
  Some police dept.would see the change in a sock as a weapon.  If you have a baseball bat in your truck/car in some states you can be charged for having a weapon????

Kind of tough for those who play baseball.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »
I have a heavy aluminum 3-cell in the truck side pocket of my door, along with a 22" screwdriver in the side pocket below that.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 10:59:53 PM »
I have a 90lb pit bull sitting next to me. He'll lick you to death, but the bad guys don't know that.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »
I have a heavy aluminum 3-cell in the truck side pocket of my door, along with a 22" screwdriver in the side pocket below that.

My choices this evening are a 1911 in 38 Super and while in the mall a
Charter Arms 44 Special in my pocket. WVa. now has few restrictions on concealed
pistols but I plan to keep my CW permit so it will be easier to carry in other states,
about 32 now I think.

Bob Roller