Author Topic: Mini Fellowship: "The Art of the Kentucky Rifle" Lesson 3 added 3.29.2016  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod

Americankentuckyrifleart.com       http://americankentuckyrifleart.com/

3.29.16       CHAPTER III    'The Evolution of the Patch Box Cover' is now open for study.

By David Hansen and Fred Garner

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:22:24 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: Mini Fellowship: "The Art of the Kentucky Rifle" Open 2.9.16
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »
Many good looks at fine rifles on this site.  Thank you.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Jennifer Bishop

I am a collector. I have a Peter Angstadt 43" barrel. How do I find out if it's been shortened!

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
First off, welcome to ALR, glad to have you join with us.

If you only have the barrel, about all you can do is to look at the dove tails and see if there is any indication of new dovetails being cut. Also look at the distance from the breech to the rear dovetail and from the first one to the muzzle. Compare that to other Peter Angstadt rifles to see if the space appears shorter than normal.
Dennis
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:53:14 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson