Author Topic: Post your comments about the new board here!  (Read 41230 times)

Bentflint

Re: Post your comments about the new board here!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »
I like being a newbie, it will make the pictures of guns I build look more appropriate. Plus I get a new forum name.

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 11:11:51 PM »
It looks good so far. Just starting to check new things out. At least we now know what Cody looks like  ;D

lew wetzel

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 01:27:29 AM »
i have yet to make a judgement,the old sight i had problems getting on at times,real slow at times to.
   i havent put much time to this new site yet so i havent formed a opinion.it does look good as far as graphics go and the format is a little different.

Daryl

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 02:02:56 AM »
 ::)You're just easy, Tom. Like my flag, eh?  I like the new site, so far. Haven't tried posting any pics yet, though.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 03:19:57 AM »
I like the waving flag.  pretty cool.
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline ptk1126

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 03:23:51 AM »
One of my favorite features on the old board was to click on "Active Topics" and have a list of only those topics with new postings since my last visit. Can this be added ?

Otherwise it seems fine and, as with anything new, will simply take some time to adjust.

All the best
Paul

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:57 AM »
Paul,
That's one feature I miss also.  If there is anyway I'd like to see it come back also but clicking the "View the Most Recent Post" caption will do somewhat the same thing.
Cheers,
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

karwelis

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 04:01:02 AM »
i do like the new site! its faster and hasnt crashed on me yet! i tried posting pics, it took me a couple of tries but it seems easier over all well done!

karwelis

p.s. i like the avitars............really

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 04:02:08 AM »
I managed to log in, so that's a good first step. When it comes to computers, I'm not what you'd call a fast learner. I was just starting to get the hang of the old site! I'm glad you made the change before I finally learned how to post a photo. Honestly, Thanks for the hard work in putting this all together.

billd

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 04:36:20 AM »
I really appreciate this forum in any view. When I was active with muzzleloaders back in the '70's there was no internet. It was all trial and error except for the occasional trip to Dixon's. Now the knowledge pool on this forum is so incredible and reachable it's hard to put into words. Maybe the best thing since blackpowder was invented.

The only thing I'd like to know is how come some can view profiles and others can't, like me. I just like knowing where someone is from.  I could be discussing some thing with my neighbor and not know it.

Thank you everyone,
Bill

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »
Hi guys!  Just registered today and I'm navigating around...  I like it!!  Acer, Dennis and the other guys doing the work, thanks!  Looking forward to spending many more hours here with all of you...

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »
Good job fellows.  One positive is the ability to insert tables. 

I have one question that I don't understand.  I can't seem to upload a small pic beside my name.  I uploaded a pic but it didn't show.

-----Never mind - I just saw it.   Pletch
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:10:33 PM by Larry Pletcher »
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Well, maybe we should call you Sparky!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Online tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 12:24:23 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has worked to get the new board up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch Yates

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 06:15:57 AM »
I second that.  Thanks to everyone who worked on this.  Much appreciated  8)
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

cal.43

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2008, 12:45:34 PM »
one question, I remarked that the email adress is shown, is it seen only by members of the forum or to everybody, because if itshown toeverybody I will use one of my other accounts. ?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
It is seen only by members. To test it logout and become a "guest" and try to look at the profile.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Eric A

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
Just a post to see if it works!

Don Tripp

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »
I admit that I am resistant to change. It is taking me some time to navigate around this new new website. I am sure that I will adjust. I'm kind of bummed that I'm a Newbie again :'(. I was a proud Rifleman on the Other website ;).   Spell check is very nice though.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2008, 11:34:57 PM »
OK now you are a hero! I just added the posts from the old board.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Leatherbelly

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 02:27:46 AM »
 I want to congratulate you gents for putting together a great new site! I'm not very computer literate but what I see,I like. I haven't tried posting pics yet,but after this weekend,I should have a few as it's our local club rendezvous.
 Feels weird starting over as a newbie!  ::) I'm sure in your good time,you will take care of that. Newbie,LOL! ;D

famouseagle

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »
Sniff...I'm just a "newbie" again.  Lessee, what drivel can I come up with to get 400 posts quick ;)

Steve-In

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2008, 06:35:05 AM »
So far so good.  I post on a board that requires loading pictures from my drive.  It has a size limit and is a pain to change.  The photobucket link is much easier for me.

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »
I like it, great job.

Signed on a few days ago, but I couldn't figure out whose rifle to use for an avitar so that it would look like I know what I doing.   ;D

Rick
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
Hello again everyone.  I updated my profile.  I'm sure some of you here I know and others I don't, but we'll get to know each other as time goes by spent on this forum. (which I like very much!)

If I could make one suggestion about the new house here, I would like to see a "General" topic area for the offbeat stuff that still relates to the spirit of this Forum and the American Longrifles.  Perhaps this has already been considered or suggested, and regardless if such a topic forum would happen or not, I will still enjoy my stay here! :)