Author Topic: Need Help Identifying this gun maker  (Read 2215 times)

lacyjoe

Need Help Identifying this gun maker
« on: April 10, 2016, 09:49:39 PM »
Kentucky long rifle out of Richmond County, NC.  Seems to be about a .32 Cal.  Have searched makers database and can not ID the maker.  Individual who originally owned the rifle was born about 1825 in Richmond County, NC and died in Richmond Co. NC in 1892.  He was a Colonel in the N.C. Militia during the Civil War.  See posted pics.

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/lacyjoe1/library/

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:57:30 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
Re: Need Help Identifying this gun maker
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:18:22 AM »
You have a very nice silver mounted Anderson Lamb rifle.  He was born in 1815 and lived until 1891.  He was the brother-in-law of William Lamb.  Anderson was the most prolific of the 85 Jamestown School gunsmiths.  I have owned dozens of his rifles and currently have two of them for sale.  His gun shop was located on the north side of Mackay Road and on the west bank of Bull Run creek in Jamestown.

Your rifle looks to have survived in very good condition.  The full silver side plate and all silver mountings indicates this was a high end rifle made in the early 1850's.

I have a book available on the Jamestown School if you are interested in learning more.

Michael Briggs   
C. Michael Briggs