Author Topic: Contemporary (1970s) flintlock maker ID  (Read 5034 times)

Fauch125

Contemporary (1970s) flintlock maker ID
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:04:35 AM »
I have a .45 cal full stock flintlock with s Russ Hamm lock. Maker? Is inscribed inside patchbox lid, possibly Milewicz?  Any info appreciated.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Contemporary (1970s) flintlock maker ID
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 02:20:00 PM »
Can't tell much with out pictures....
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Fauch125

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 05:01:33 PM »
Can't figure out how to post photos. Any tips appreciated

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:17:44 PM »
Can't figure out how to post photos. Any tips appreciated
Not ragging on you in particular, but guys join all the time and start asking for help without doing their due diligence and familiarizing themselves with the site.

If you go to the Tutorials section, you will find how to post photos as a sticky at the top of the Miscellaneous tutorials.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:18:52 PM by T*O*F »
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Fauch125

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »
Thanks. I actually did try to look for this info before posting but it was buried under tutorial>miss C tutorials, which I thought from the heading was gun making tutorials.

Offline Breadhead

• Common sense is uncommon.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 02:11:53 AM »
Go to www.imgur.com, click on the Upload Images green button at the top.  Choose Browse my computer in the next dialogue box, pick your pictures and upload.  Each picture will have a "direct" link, that you can then use to post on the site.