Author Topic: Tennessee Kentucky Rifle Show  (Read 5345 times)

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
Tennessee Kentucky Rifle Show
« on: April 25, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »
I wanted to thank Wayne and Boo Elliott for putting on an outstanding show in Knoxville this past weekend.  I thought the new larger location was a success.  The food options were also an improvement over past shows.  I know how hard Wayne, Boo, and the few others that helped them worked to make this event a success.

I also enjoyed seeing many old friends and made a few new ones.  I also saw four outstanding North Carolina Longrifles.

Thanks,

Michael Briggs   
C. Michael Briggs

4th La.

Re: Tennessee Kentucky Rifle Show
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »
Mike,  The entire "Louisiana delegation" will second your kind words to Wayne and all involved in putting on this show. It was a great show, great guns, and old friends. And thank you for letting us enjoy your great collection and sharing your vast knowledge on Carolina Rifles.
Thanks to all who were involved in putting on the show, and all who came from near and far to help make it a success.
"CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"

4th La. Bob Melancon

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:40:21 PM »
I too want to thank Wayne and Boo (and the rest of the crew) for the hard work they did it getting things set-up for this show. Also want to thank Randall Pierce for finding such a great venue for the show, top notch facility.

Thanks again, the TN show always been my favorite and I appreciate the work it takes to make a successful long-rifle show. The only thing I would like to see changed is the distance from my home :D
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline louieparker

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:18:57 AM »
I agree it was a very good show.. There were more good Southern rifles there than I ever recall seeing in one place.  Had a great time talking to old friends and making some new ones. Dennis introduced me to David and John. Hope they had a great time. When you drive that far you certainly are dedicated to the hobby. Glad they got to come..  Louie

Offline mountainad82

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »
This show was a major success! Thanks to Wayne and Randal for all the positive changes. Amazing rifles and great folks.  It was a pleasure meeting some of you for the first time and seeing old friends.

Adam Wright

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
I would also like to say thanks to Wayne, Boo and all the others that help put this show on. I agree with Dennis and Louie, this show is one of my favorites and there were a many great southern guns there. Good times, good friends and for those of us that were at the show before the show in Gerald Neaves room, Hog Head Cheese and crackers. Yum Yum  ;D
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:04:27 AM »
This reminded me of the days when Jim Moran would drag out his Bean guns & all the relics he collected in Tenn. One of the best shows that has been put on in years. Thanks Boo, Wayne, & Randal.  It has a great future, now we need some younger people to start collecting!

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 05:18:34 AM »
Boo, Randal, Linda and I appreciate the kind words and everyone's support of the show. Next year's date, back at the Jubilee facility, is set. April 21-22, 2017. DV
Wayne
Wayne Elliott

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 04:12:19 PM »
To Wayne,Boo,Randall an everyone . This was my first time ever attending this style of show. Everyone was very friendly an went out of there way to answer questions. Looking forward to next year's show.

Offline Mike T

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 07:04:08 PM »
I cannot agree more with all of the comments about the Show and the wonderful job done by those involved with all the planning and service they gave.  Looking forward to next year.  Thanks to Bo., Wayne, Linda and Randall.   Mike T   
Mike T

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »
Wonderful show.  Worth every mile I traveled.  Good guns, great people and a fantastic time.  Thank you Wayne and Boo and all the others who made this show possible.   
David

Offline PPatch

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 03:46:15 AM »
Heck of a show and I add my heart felt thanks to Wayne and all those who make it possible. I look forward to it (and Knoxville) every spring

dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?